2002 viper

yahadriver23

I was thinking about switching over to a yamaha since i used to drive a cat and all it did was blow up! I was thinking about a 2002-03 viper. Any down falls for this sled... i no it will be a little rougher ride but im only 17 so i can take it! I have heard that these are one of yamaha's most reliable sled, thats why im interested! Thanks

the Viper is a reall nice powerful trail sled. It is a great reliable sled.....the only other viper that would be a step up would be the Viper s....just my 2 cents :)

02 viper

i have an 02 has been excellent, had to do the fuel pump fix and hood fix, but other than that it is great...

i added a maxx performance roller clutch, silencer, handlebar riser, and 1.25 track, i love my sled.... it is getting some cosmetic surgery, pics to come soon....

As Mr. Sled says, Viper S is the what to go! You get Ripsaw 1.25" track, Ohlin SHocks, Detoiation control that the 02-03 Viper does not have. If you need more than the stock 122 HP than a triple pipe will get you to 150 HP.

If you are thinking about at 02, I would definatley look at upgrading the track. I put 12000 km's on my Viper and that was the only complaint I had about the sled.

I upgraded to the softer shock package when Yamaha offered the deal.

Yah i wish that i could get the viper s but im on a budget i need something under 4 thousand 4500 most

yahadriver23 said:
Yah i wish that i could get the viper s but im on a budget i need something under 4 thousand 4500 most

You should be able to find a nice Viper for that kind of $$$$!
WIVIPERMAN

Back