Where is a good place to go

esishot

I was wondering where a good place to go on a trp if i am from northeren minnesota and there are about 15 yamaha that are planning on going on a trip and ontanogan Michigan is out my brother hiit a tree there.Where is a good place to go for a 3 to 4 day riding adventure.
thanks mike

Were headed up to silver city for our first of 3 trips. the 2nd weekend in january, Martin luther king weekend. 15th-19th. I believe we have 12 in our group and half of us on yami's. No good snow the last 3 winters here in minnesota. UP!!!!

Ok

When i went to Ontanogan two years ago it was a big group 21 yamaha's ,2 arctic-cat, and 1 polaris and 1 skidoo to make the total of 25 sleds we stayed in the sunshine hotel or something it was yellow it suck though my brother was in the back of the pack behind me and thee was no sno left anf he hit ice and hit a tree mainly face first at 45-50mph and split his jaw open so i don't wan to go back there. If i were to go may my girlfriend come she rides with me or is it all guys and could i bring another sled and buddies.
thanks Mike

munising, I hear the riding is great in munising area, but thats a little far for a 4 day trip. Im coming from the sw suburbs of minneapolis, it takes me an hour just to get to the main freeway that shoots me up duluth. Thanks for the offer.

for a real adventure esi, drive to northern ontario around the top of lake superior, put in at marathon or manitouwadge (east of thunderbay) and ride the superior loop challenge. it is a loop north of the lake encompassing marathon, manitouwadge, hornepayne, dubreuilville, wawa, white river, and back. nice 3-4 day loop riding with LOTS OF SNOW AND OFF TRAIL opportunities. i have lots of info if needed. drop me an email at skidooboyedk@yahoo.com and i'll get you some sent out. dont do the same ole same, try a completly new area. we did and we were not sorry. i trailer 7-8 hours to this area and it never fails to make me smile. ski

I live in Thunder Bay, and trust me there is some really nice riding around here.

We have ridden in the Wawa area, and the trails are nice there, but there is also alot of riders there too. I mainly like to ride in the Upsala, English River, Ignace area. From there we can head out to White Otter castle, or to Sioux Lookout, and still make it back in one day. The trails around there are well groomed, and there isn't too much traffic to mess them up.

Jeff

What kind of regulations does canada have as far as crossing the border with sleds, licenseing,ect...

esishot, I too am from Minnesota and you will not be disappointed in taking Skidooboy's advice on the Ontario riding. I got info on this area from Eric a couple of years ago and have been back to the Wawa area every year since. It is the highlite of my season. Aaron, to cross the border you need to have your sled registered and carry proof of insurance. If anyone in your party has had a DWI/DUI I have heard there can be problems for them to cross the border.

Back