SRX trailer

archer

Is it worth buying any of the trailer accessories like the ski guides or the bed mat? A (arctic cat) guy told me they cause rot underneath them after a while but they look to me like a good idea. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ski guides really help the sled slide on the trailer. Traction mat isn't really worth it. If you have the guided, the carbides won't dig into the trailer bed. If you really want a mat, just use an old track.

If it's an option, get an old bedliner out of a pickup and cut that up to make the ski guides. quite a bit cheaper.

monker said:
If you really want a mat, just use an old track.

I cut up my old hyfax into six pieces and bolt them facing up onto the tilt bed, 3 on each side, ...works like a charm. ;)!

srx_eh said:
I cut up my old hyfax into six pieces and bolt them facing up onto the tilt bed, 3 on each side, ...works like a charm. ;)!

That's a good idea!.......I've seen the bedliner one done many times & it works well!!!!!! ;)!
WIVIPERMAN

I have heard of the hyfax trick to get your sled to go up straight. I also have an old track cut and screwed to the bed of my trailer for traction when getting the sled up.

I bought the powermad bed ski guides and they are a must for a trailer=easy to load sled. You can buy a similar guides that are in the garage door/weatherstip department home depo for 15$ and they work good too. The mat is also a great idea for grip. You can use a used track or rubber mat from a roof company. I use to have trailers without and I would never go back. ;)!

Thanks all. Looks like ski guides from D Kirk (or wherever) and homemade bed traction might be the way to go!

Back