Ontario TY Ride 2009 Feeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Website
sledtoyz.com
I am considering organizing this myself this year but need some interest from one or two guys local to my target area.

1) I am aiming for Sturgeon Falls. It's located 20ish minutes west of North Bay. The reason for this is I will probably have access to a garage in Cache Bay if it is needed for any repair/tuning work(Still need to talk to the owner to confirm).

2) There is a Comfort Inn located in Sturgeon Falls with a pool that should be able to accomadate future growth. I have NOT contacted this hotel for a group rate yet.

3) Yamaha dealers in Verner and North Bay(at least I think North Bay, seems to change yearly).

4) 95% date of Feb 27-mar 1 weekend. This would only change if I discover that a poker run or similar event is planned for the area on that date.

5) I would like to have at least 1 guy familiar with the local area for boondocking. The trails are fairly straight forward and I should have 1 guy(dude with the garage, just moved there in summer 2007) plus myself(I've been through the area twice) for on trail info.

I really would like to see this happen this year but need a little help in the areas mentioned above. This ride will probably start out small, but could grow quite rapidly in the years to come with some commitments now.

If you can see any possible problems with any of the above, air them out here, but I'm pretty firm on location at this point.

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any Ideas of making the trip earlier if snow conditions aren't as expected? I'm not from that local Area, so I'm of no help pertaining to the trails/boondocking.

Also Does this have to be a Yamaha ONLY trip? I know about 20-30+ guys looking for an Ontario ride. But they don't all ride Yamaha's. LMK, Nik!

I live about 40 minutes west of Sturgeon Falls. May be interested if the date doesn't conflict with the NBSSR radar runs up here in the north.. My son and I plan to run the entire series this season. I know one of the other menbers on this site that works at the dealer in Verner and lives there aswell.. I'll speak with him and check on the trails in that area.. Good luck with this!! It would be a good time..

98700 said:
I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any Ideas of making the trip earlier if snow conditions aren't as expected? I'm not from that local Area, so I'm of no help pertaining to the trails/boondocking.

Also Does this have to be a Yamaha ONLY trip? I know about 20-30+ guys looking for an Ontario ride. But they don't all ride Yamaha's. LMK, Nik!

????????????????????

98700 said:

Sorry, saw your post then forgot to reply. :o|

There is no restriction on make of sled, so who ever you can get to come along is welcome.

crewchief47 said:
Sorry, saw your post then forgot to reply. :o|

There is no restriction on make of sled, so who ever you can get to come along is welcome.

......but they must ride in the back ;)

LOL Ryan!

There are a few people like myself on Snowmobilefanatics, That want to get out and ride with other Sled heads from Ontario. I am trying to get a ride going, it would make life easy if I could just combined these two together LOL!

I'm familiar with the NB area. There's THE MOZY ON INN and FANNY'S. Oh and the trail's to. I would make this trip. Most of the club activities I know of are usually in and around the Bay area.

TYcoop said:
Irwin Ave.
if the garage is open, stop for a beer. I mean it. I'm @##$% with sleds all the time. If a red mega cab diesel is in the drive come on in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think going through the "soo" would be easier... The border crossing in Port Huron cost me around 3208.00 a few months ago...... It kinda left a BAD taste in my mouth... But I suppose if I WASN'T doing wrong,,, they would have NOT CAUGHT ME!!!!

Hmm keep me updated on this itll be dependent on my schedule but i have buddy with resort in northbay so i could head up possibly visit him and go on ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back