2001 700 SXR primary spring

PJVMAX

Need a new primary spring for my '01 SXR 700, the original broke at the end of last season. I am clutched per the tech page and was wondering if there is a better spring to run than the stock spring. I had a tendency to over rev last year even though I had the weights full loaded.

Wut spring ya runnin? It depends on how much overrrev you have but going to a spring with the same preload & less total force will bring down rpm,s right thru the whole shift.

Turk said:
Wut spring ya runnin? It depends on how much overrrev you have but going to a spring with the same preload & less total force will bring down rpm,s right thru the whole shift.

I'm running the stock primary spring per the instructions on the tech page for clutching a '01 SXR 700. 51/43 helix, stock spring, 4.5g in both holes, 2 engagement shims, 14.5mm rollers.

Thanks Turk, any suggetions for the secondary or is the stock spring sufficient? I'll probably replace it due to the miles (~7k) on the sled and the fact that the primary spring broke.

Back