Re-Install of rear axle

ReaperSRX

After taking all skid wheels off and replacing bearings i am going to re-install everything this weekend, when it comes to the back shaft/rear wheels is there anything special i will need to do get back together...NOTE...i also just installed Tracks USA 136 extensions......James

nope, just make sure to put it back in the same way you took it apart with the proper spacers and washers...Tracks ext is really nice. I will be adding Skidooboys install tonight to the tech section and you will see the Track ext there with nothing out of the ordinary.

james, make sure to have a look at the exploded microfiche picture of the rear axle. this will give you locations for all the washers and spacers, make sure to double check that all four of the rear axle wheels dont contact any of the driver nubs on the track after you have it all aligned. my viper is starting to come together nicely, gonna be better than my srx i think. ski

Thanks guys, the only reason i asked is because i saw that MaxPerformance sell a tool for rear shaft, says makes it alot easy to install, be like you said i just pull the microfiche and will make sure all spacers and washers are in place.....James

i have the tool that max sells, sorry your not closer or you could borrow it. the tool screws to the end of the axle and is shaped like a bullet point this guides everything inplace instead of trying to fit everything one piece at a time by wobbling them till they fit. ski

Back