clutch kits VS o.e.m wheights

If my stock SRX clutching is running the proper RPM's will I see an improvement over an after market clutch kit? Is it worth the money to buy an clutch kit if my stock clutching is working right???

The 8dn-20 weights work awesome when clutched to run at proper rpm,s.

Guys...remeber...Yamaha invented the tuneable weight. All the variations out there are just a different version of what Yamaha started 10 years ago. I preached oem weights on this board 5 years ago & if Yamaha made a weight heavy enuff to use in my RX Turbo that is what i would use today. I use 8dn-20.s in my mountain sled...love the profile & the tuneability!!!!!!

I never cared for the stock weight, the 89a-10 or the 8bu's is what I have run in mine 99 srx and my little brothers 98 srx. I know when we did some testing in the 2000 and up the 89a-10 was ther better weight.....

Thomas...a properly tuned 8dn-20 will run with a 89a-10. Put em side to side....they have the same Polaris-Artic Cat profile. Just need to run the proper secondary helix & spring!

8dn-20

Turk we talked before and I've been running the 51 straight helix and would like to try your 8dn-20 setup.Could you give me a total list front and rear setup,springs and such for 18/39 gears at 5-8000 ft. on my SX 7oo R / 151
Thanks gild

If it's not too much trouble, can the Gurus here sexsplain the difference in the 8ES weight found in the RS machines vs. the 8FA weight in the RX machines?

Mr, Sled told me to leave mine alone because I have a reputation for breaking things but I'd still like to know. :wink:

I have not seen what that weight looks like yet. Easy to figure out tho once I can see the profile of it.

Gild...you running pipes or anything else funky on that sled?

Stevie...LMAO... the 8FA is 63.81g and has a straighter profile then the 8ES weight that is 54.63g, 8es has about 400kg force at 10 to 13 mm stroke and then slowly fall off. 8FA has about 420kg force at 9-10 mm stroke and then slowly fall off.

I'm wanting to do some mods on my clutch, 00 700MM, but haven't bought any tools yet. What would I need to take off the primary and tear into it. I figured at the shop rate of $75 an hour I can buy a couple of tools to add to my collection.

For clutch tuning all you need is a Yamaha clutch puller,14- 12-10-8-mm wrenches, 2.5 allen . These wrenches will do the primary & secondary.

turk

I'm running SLP's, 1 layer head gskt, reed spacers, delta 2s, airbox mod and bender porting on a 01 SX700r with a151 2" 18\39 gears, extroverts, M10 W suspension.
Thanks gild

Well, its a good question that i was asking myself!!! i would like to buy a Heel Clicker for my 01 srx but for the money, i was wondering if i could have the same performance using yamaha weight,, and it seem that the answer is yes!!!

I will put a new track on my srx 01 this winter, camoplast 1.25 inch!!! what setup you think will enhance my sled??

Gild...wow..a straight 51 is a lot of helix for that sled. I would run about a 48/40ish with maybe a couple grams 1st hole & maybe .8 in the tip. With a 51 you might have trouble running the 8dn-20,s empty. Fortress...for the SRX just running a 48/40 Advant-edge helix with those weights work well!

Back