hyfax saver wheel kit

mulderdad

I just purchased a hyfax saver wheel kit for my srx7.
What are the steps of installing these?
My suspension is already out. I have heard that you have to notch the rails?
How far from the front of the rail should they go?
thanx,
mul

mulderdad,

The block that holds the wheels goes flush against the bracket (I believe W-arm) nearest the idler wheels (two up front on outside of rail). I'm trying to do this from memory since I'm not infront of my sled right now.

Anyway, the wheel will go right at the bend of the rail and it's easy to locate since it goes next to the bracket explained above. You won't have to notch the rails as the bracket already has a built in groove to match the rail. Once positioned, the bracket will have a hole in it which is basically a template from which to drill. I forget the size, but you drill through the hole in the bracket and into the rail. Attach the hardware and be sure to use loctite. Then attach the actual wheel.

Again, I did this a couple years ago and if I were in front of my sled I could probably be a bit more specific.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Ah, I just remembered a few things. When you place the wheel bracket on the rail, there's a pilot hole for a small drill bit. Drill into that hole and into the rail. Remove the bracket and drill a hole with the main (big) bit (I forget the size). Put the bracket on the rail (right up against the existing bracket on the rail (at the bend) and thread the suppied bolt into the bracket. This should be an allen head type bolt and it's put on from the inside of the rail towards the outside. It's sort of difficult to thread in and screw in with an allen wrench, but since your skid is out, it should be easier. Once that's in and quite snug (loctite), use the hardware and install the actual wheel on the bracket.

Repeat on the other side.

Hope this helps a bit more,
Jon

Back