SRX Silencers

HSP

Anyone tryed the MBRP silencer on SRX? how does it work? what silencers are the best?

I ran a Dyno Port...very nice sound and a Power Inc, and I know someone that did some test on the srx silencers and they say the Power Inc made power, a few hp but most others just make good sound...

MBRP silencer

I run an MBRP stinger on mine and it does sound nice but I agree it probably does'nt add any hp even though they brag that it does.I put one on to offset the weight of the reverse kit I installed.If you can find a Power Inc one you'd be better off,for power gains that is. :beer:

I have tried the bender silencer as well as the mbrp on my 01 srx.I liked the mbrp better,its lighter and sounds way better.Imo.

Dyno port triple cansters have the sweetest sound that i've heard. What the best sound you can buy for the viper?

I have a bender on my 01 srx i like the sound it sounds different then all the other can's and thats what i like about it! Cant go wrong with any of these silencers they all do the same thing just have different sound tones!

I use a power inc. on one of my 98 srx's. Seems to work well and my ski doo buddy says that darn srx sounds angry.lol

All right guys, I've wanted one for my 00 SRX as well. Anybody have any sound clips they could post??? Now that would be sweeeet!

i have bought a MBRP for my 01 srx last week!! i have chosen this silencer cuz alot of people seems to prefer the sound of the mBRP over other silencers!! I will put it on the sled soon!! and will let you know how i like it!!

my bro has mbrp on his 2002 viper and the doo-doo guys just love the sound. they where askin where they could buy a sled like it lol ;)! ;)!

Here is the truth that nobody wants to hear. I have a 1998 SRX 700 modified. I heard an MBRP can in Michigan on an SRX and I fell in love. It sounded like the open mod sled that Nathan Titus used to race. I bought the can for $250.00 after shipping. I got a ticket in WI for having an aftermarket exhaust which cost $153.00. When I raced on the lakes I LOST POWER!!! I had an XC 700 with a 200 pd rider neck and neck with me all the way. Now I noticed that on one of my pistons the crown has melted at the exhaust port. I question the lack of backpressure as the possible culprit, in light of my loss of power on the lake. So, as you can see the can has cost me quite a bit of money for zero performance gains. Don't believe the hype.

I find it very unlikely that your piston burning down was only caused by the use of an aftermarket can, especially if you were still using the stock jetting.

With that said, I definetaly dont think that any of these cans are worth the money that people spend on them, if they made a little bit more power for your sled rather than take away power, they would be justified in my eyes.

Hauck growler is the way to go

HAuck triple silencer is the way to go it has an excellent mean sounding tone and it adds a little horse power definate way to go
Mike

i dont purchase the mbrp can to expect having more power.. I 'm expecting it would be the same.. I'm expecting a more pleasant sound to my ear and expecting solving my deep snow problem

the silencer on the newer SRX make the engine very quiet!! I could hear a bird sing at full speed lol!! I want to hear that triple!!!!!!!!!

esishot said:
HAuck triple silencer is the way to go it has an excellent mean sounding tone and it adds a little horse power definate way to go
Mike
....................I agree...the best sound for sure!.... ;)!

MBRP can

I am running a MBRP can on an 02 SRX with Mega Power ported cyls. and head set and to tell the truth I did not notice any decrease in performance from the stock can and I havn't had any problems with the DCS blinking like I was with the stock can.I love the sound of the sled now plus you lose a little weight.

i'm happy to hear that Hman ;))

THe problem is that everybody have a good or a bad story about everything.. I'm sure i will not have any problem with the can but i will only know the truth, by myself , this winter ;)

Yep! Hauck husher 3X3 is AWESOME.... I also have the Power Inc. one (I think?) from Maxximum performance that is supposed to add power...

Back