Ontario 2009 Official TY Ride

crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Website
sledtoyz.com
OK, everything is a go! Dates are Friday Feb 27-Sun Mar 1.

We have access to a garage if needed and I have booked a group of rooms in Sturgeon Falls at the Comfort Inn. The rooms are booked under 'Totallyamaha' at a $98.99 +tax per night rate with up to four adults, two queen beds, non-smoking.

1-877-753-5665
1-705-753-5665

4 stroke thread is HERE

Rate and rooms(15) are held till Jan 27th

Lets get this thing started with a bang guys!

I booked my room while I was on the phone!

:rocks: :yam: :yrules:

Last edited:

heck almost in my back yard. have to see but i would trailer from home to meet up with you guys. bump and now i can watch this thread.

can even take a few guys from sudbury with me as new trailer holds 4 sleds with box of p/u open for 5th.

013.jpg

014.jpg

I posted all that info on SF.com, I know there are quite a few people that are ready to go. So lets hope to get this larger and larger every year!!!!!!!

Also, There are 5 guys so far from SF.com That are a 100% for sure. Is it possible to hold more rooms? If so I would, I know there are lots of people from SF.com that want to come, but won't know until Dec.

98700 said:
Also, There are 5 guys so far from SF.com That are a 100% for sure. Is it possible to hold more rooms? If so I would, I know there are lots of people from SF.com that want to come, but won't know until Dec.

The nice lady on the phone said that they do not have any other large groups for that week-end, at this point. Best advice would be to book a room and if I hear they get used up, I'll call.

crewchief47 said:
The nice lady on the phone said that they do not have any other large groups for that week-end, at this point. Best advice would be to book a room and if I hear they get used up, I'll call.

Ok perfect!

Posted this on the 4 stroke side.
I figured Friday afternoon we could look for some play areas, still looking for a local with some area crown land knowledge. I'll be in the area for an entire week at the beginning of Feb so I should be able to come up with a couple options for Saturday. If we end up with enough guys, we can always have two groups as well. It really depends on how many show and what they want to try.

I guess I should try and find some 3 days for any out of province people.

Being as it's a first official(MrSled told me we need at least 6 members to call it official :tg: ) TY ride for Ontario(excluding the snow train trip), my main focus is to make sure everyone has a good time so that we can build on this for the years to come. You can all see how the Munising and other area rides have grown over the years, I'm hoping we can do the same here, but expect some minor growing pains ;)! . As a last bit of info, the larger the group, the slower the progress along the trail so be aware that this may not be a 'high mileage' weekend, but that's not what it is really about in the end. It's about getting to know the guys whos posts you read everyday and hanging with a bunch of guys that have the same passion for sledding as you do! And it can be an opportunity to learn more about your sled.

mulderdad said:
Are you going blu?
I'm 95% sure me and a good friend of mine are goin.
Yes i want to take the last week of feb or the first week of march off and run up to timmins or hearst and loop back down to 4 bears camp and over to listowel.And do the ride of course.I have to check into a resort that my budys friend has bought it is close to sturgon falls and he wants to cater to sledders.He might be able to help with a overflow if needed.Turns out i have to go to N\B and Sudbury monday in the big rig so i am going to check this out.Rick i will let you know and we can hook up.ltr

Well, it's official. We are not racing that weekend, so we might be able to attend. I am scheduled to work that weekend, and need the next weekend off to race, so I'll have to try to swing something. I'll keep you posted.

Back