Gas and oil usage

Gas & Oil

I run about 300 miles on a tank of oil (I think the oil tank is 3.5 Qts so thats about 300/3.5=86 miles to the Qt) I have never measured my gas milage but I would venture to guess that it is in the 12 - 16 range. 03 viper
on my 96 vmax the oil was about the same but gas was 80 mi to the tank (80/7?= 11.5 mpg)

:yam:

I get about 100 miles to a quart of oil, give or take a little. On my '97 sx 700, i got about the same for oil mileage, but my gas mileage with Aaen triple pipes was about 16mpg, on my 2001 sx 700R, i got about 14mpg with the single pipe, and now i have simons triples, so i dont know what i'll get for mileage with those yet, but i'll let you know when i do ;)!

No clue on oil as I just top it off every morning when I am about to leave for a ride. Go through a couple of gallons a year. As for MPG I get around 12 maybe a little higher. I am running a 2002 Viper with a 1.25 ripsaw on it. Everything else is stock.

Viper-Rules! said:
My viper is completly stock. I get 250 miles on a quart of oil and about 150 miles on a tank of fuel on average.

You might want to check your numbers on your oil consumption.

Oil Consumption!!

I used 8 litres of oil last winter and it lasted me 2100 miles. The sled averages 250 miles per litre and the valves were clean as a whistle when I last checked. Dealer checked the settings, since the sled is under full warranty for another year and half. I'm not complaining at all :-)

55 miles 1 tank of fuel 1liter of oil. Hows that for numbers. The dealer tried to say smokey is normal. SMOKEY!!! you would think it's on fire.

I need to bring mine in. It smokes like crazy at idle. It didn't do that last year. They said they adjusted it down a bit when I had it serviced. The Vipers are known to be easy on oil. The thing didn't use any oil last year. Man I hate when people don't do things right.

Back