Every third windows closed track or all clipped ?!?

fortress

hi!! well, another interrogation !!! I wanted to purchase a camoplast 9818 that is every third windows closed but people are saying that its not good in low snow condition (hyfax wear) and can have track ratcheting problem with a sled like the SRX!?? Any info on that!?? Should i stay with a standard track?!

Phooey ! Noticed little difference from the stock all open window design. If you are worried replace the idler wheels with larger ones and your hyfax wear will disapear. The 9818 will hook like you want it to ! ;)!

I put 3400 miles on my hyfax with a camo 9818 and still had plenty of room to go longer. Just run your track loose and pull straps up a little.

OK but i dont want to run my track too lose cuz i do alot of "off Trail" riding and last year, i had alot of track ratcheting!!!

Last edited:
Phooey??? Pat is that the correct spelling???? OMG I almost peed my pants when I saw your post!!!! Anyhow Pat's correct!!!! The 9818 alot "O" track!!!

and my last interrogation is,, The ripsaw or the predator!??? they a have big difference in performance between theses two tracks or its just subtle difference?!

The ripsaw and predator look much different, but i would be willing to bet that performance is very comparable. I have a 9818 on my srx and it made a huge difference.

Do a search on "9818" or "ripsaw" and you will find alot of information and many opinions on the 2 tracks.

i have already made a search but i just found people who are saying that these two tracks are a good choice :) its something i already know lol!! I wanted more technical opinion in term of performance

But rich from richmotosport tell me that the predator will be a little better in deep snow and for off trail riding, and its exactly what i want, so, i will go for the predator!!

thx guys!

i have an o4 viper with the ripsaw and simmons skis and i have 02 viper with 9818 and c&a skis. the 9818 is better in the deep snow i think . on the trail in loose snow the rip saw grabs way better, just my 2 cents

Back