151' SRX suspention set up

sirquentin

Hello, I have a 98 mountain srx and last year extended it to 151" with the mountain performance rail extensions and tunnel extensions. It had some modifications done to the suspsention itself by the previous owner that is pretty shady looking. I was wondering if anyone has done, or knows of a kit that I can adapt my suspension right to 151" rails and use the ekholm tunnel kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suspensions

Yamaha had a kit o make the 02 Viper into a 151. If you are interested I have a list of parts needed to convert you over to the 151 rails using some of your exsisting parts. This is OEM parts not aftermarket. You will need to relocate your skid back 9" for the H arm rails.

i took a 98 srx 121 and put a 151 under it. ekholm tunnel, mtn perf rolled chain case, blah, blah blah. the biggest obstacle to overcome is the lack of clearance in the front. i added tie and radius rods from a mtn max, good for 2 1/4" lift, soften up stock ski shocks so you could steer it. havent completed this phase yet but i have adj shock bkts from hauck(get the new style for viper), mtn max ski shocks, and aftermarket trailing arms. if you need more info, pm or email me. the biggest problem with the longer track is the front end plows. good luck

The MSRX had the uncanny ability to load the hood up with snow and quit running at WOT. That was with a Rolled 156 Ekholme tunnel too. Was ok as long as the hood was clean, went like raped ape but have to slow down sometime and the hood would load up. Tried Simmons, C/As didn't help. You can't describe how much better it went with no hood,awsome if snow conditions allowed.

Phone me- I did up a few including my own 2000 156 SRX.
I am also the Business Manager for Ekholm.
780-745-2006

snow

Gild- all they need is a cold air kit- then no troubles anymore. Dont bother with the exhaust deflector, the cold air kit cures it all.

snow

Gild- all they need is a cold air kit- then no troubles anymore. Dont bother with the exhaust deflector, the cold air kit cures it all. I have heard that leaving the airbx dividers in is the best way to go too.

Cold air

I had a cold air kit on it also as well as exhaust deflector. I no longer own it as I traded it in! The SXr mod sled works better everywhere!!!

i'm curious as to what kind of snow conditions you guys ride in? the exhaust deflector works wonders if you should ever happen to ride in deep snow. sidehilling to the right buries the stock exhaust and chokes the motor to the point of fouling plugs. the cold air kit makes good additional power but i saw no benefit for deep snow. perhaps you guys are confusing viper data? i have noticed a blast of powder in deep stuff cools the center pipe a creates a rich condition. hope this helps

Back