What brand snowmobile boots do you recommend?

ViperMan

VIP Member
Just curious what you guys have found to be the best boots for comfort, warmth, support? Klim? HMK? Yamaha? R U Outside? Any suggestions? I've had a pair of Sorel for about 10 years that I now want to replace. Thanks for any feedback!

:brr

i love my klim adrenalines...super light, the dryest i have worn, and not bulky. worth every penny.

X2 on the Klim. I have a pair that are 3 seasons old, and will not wear any other boot. My feet are DRY and warm at the end of the day. My feet sweat a lot, and with the combo of their socks and boots my feet are always dry.If you ever have to walk , these are the most comfortable boots I've worn. The price is very reasonable as well. Mine are Adrenaline GTX's.
Dave

Trukk boots are I think the best. I had a pair of Yamaha's cause they looked but, but they sucked. Never had Kilm but have also heard good things about them.

Depends on whether you sit on the seat all day, or if you stand up and move around a lot. The Klim boots (2 models) are the best boots out there for active riding, but not as warm as some if you don't move around much while riding. If you move around much then be sure to get one that breathes well, but keeps water out.

Snowest has done a few product comparison tests over the last few years. Interesting reads.

HMK Highmarks. I've been riding with these for the past 4 seasons and love them. They're light and warm, and great ankle support. I've never had to wear anything than just a pair of light socks. If they weren't the size of a boot, I'd forget I had them on. The only complaint I have is that it's a pain to get in my truck to drive. Sort of have to drive with two feet. Awesome for just a riding boot.

from my experience I would not recomend the hmk's for a number of reasons. i know of at least 3 people that have the highmarks in different configurations. one has the boa lace system and has had to get them fixed because of faulty "dial adjusters" that literally broke off during a ride leaving him the rest of the day with a boot that was not even snug. I know that these riders ride hard (powder riding/boondocking) and have soaking wet feet at the end of the day (mostly from sweat). they are very stable and supportive but do not breathe very well. They are basically a snowboard style boot making it difficult to feel the boards and flex at the ankle making some manuevers a little tougher.

I agree with bolin22, I've had times where I thought it was difficult to do some maneuvers because they felt a little stiff. I've never had wet feet from sweat though. Maybe I don't maneuver enough to break a sweat, but I have heard that complaint before from others. The boots I have don't have the dial adjusters though, just regular laces and haven't had any problems in that configuration.

Well guys I appreciate all the feedback, and believe this is one of those areas where there is not just one right answer, but probably several good choices. A lot of it is personal preference. I liked many that I saw and think I could have been happy with many but I kind of went out on a limb and bought a pair no one specifically mentioned.....the Baffin Pivot. I'm familiar with the Baffin name and know they are quality. I like the BOA design (considerably less cost than the Yamaha DC) and I figured I'd give it a try. I found on sale at http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7176884/c/133.html for $126.50....wish me luck, I'll keep you posted!

:ORC

Attachments

• baffin pivot.jpg
    baffin pivot.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1
I like the altimate boots, they got some serious Temp ratings going on and they are comfortable, the Boots i got are temp rated to -96 degrees below zero, but if i'm out in that temp i'll have bigger problems then cold feet.

Yamidude59 said:
I like the altimate boots, they got some serious Temp ratings going on and they are comfortable, the Boots i got are temp rated to -96 degrees below zero, but if i'm out in that temp i'll have bigger problems then cold feet.

LOL, yeah no kidding!!! And if you ever find yourself in -96 weather, don't call me to help you out, I'm busy......washing my hair.

I have Baffin boots too. My feet are always cold. I sometimes wear slippers in the summer! These boots are dry and warm. You won't be disappointed.

I have been very finicky with shoes and boots my whole life once I find a pair I like I buy spares. I have been whereing Sorells for 16 years now specificly the Glacier version. I had one pair, the White version, which lasted for 10 years, my wife finally made me throw them away and order some new. I tried a pair of Yamaha last winter, might as well been burning the $125.

dice_jay said:
LOL, yeah no kidding!!! And if you ever find yourself in -96 weather, don't call me to help you out, I'm busy......washing my hair.

I have Baffin boots too. My feet are always cold. I sometimes wear slippers in the summer! These boots are dry and warm. You won't be disappointed.

i'd die in five minutes walkin out the door, Windchill goin 60mph in that temp would probably freeze the gas lol, not really!

Washing your hair? thats random as $hit! lmao!

Back