Control Rod Spacers for 700sx with Viper Shocks

dhess

Website
www.sandpondclub.com
I just put a set of re-valved Viper shocks on my 1998 Vmax 700sx. I added longer limiter straps in the rear and added the Maximum Wide Kit up front. My question is how much of a control rod spacer is needed (how many mm's)? I have Bender TS3's adjustable transfer rods so I am not concerned with the upper bushing (its adjustable). But I would like some suggestions on how many mm bushing on the bottom AND how much control rod spacer (to extend the control rod for the added increase in travel) I will need and then where can I get one? Thanks.

I would start with the 2.5 mm and go no more then 5mm , the bottom spacer lets the suspesnion extend fully and will control how fast it will couple, with more it will couple quicker when the front of the skid hits the 1st bump...I have ridden with the 10 mm....but the amount the skid falls out will change

when I set up my sxr with bender lower rods I ran 5mm and then went to 2.5 mm and ran my straps with about 1.5 in of threads exposed but the more you yank on the limiters the more it will pull the skid in and then you put less washer on the bottom....does any of this make any sense??

with those ts3 rods, yes, you will need a different washer..... if you dont like it and want it to couple faster then go to the 5 or 10,,,this is just what I found worked the best on the ts3...they change the way the rods work....kinda like the adjustable rods on the vipers...they change both the top and bottom spacers to the 2.5 mm spacers...

if you look at maxx perf site is says bender rods will not work with the long travel on the sx sxr & srx. on my srx i added extensions to bottom of rods 7.5mm (per maxxperf specs as their new rods are longer) then i went with 10mm upper spacer and 2.5mm lower per maxx perf specs. loved the ride on my srx with this set up. ski

Ski, I found the lower bender rods worked with my SX-R but it wasnt working right on the short rods on the SRX...I think it was from the wrong spacers.....

Back