Gearing w/8 tooth drivers,1.25 track,piped

i did !!!

for 2 seasons , i bought 3 upper gears and three lower gears , not sure off the top of my head what gears i have but i did the math and tried to get it close to stock .. lets make a long story short , i am putting the 9th drivers back on this year !!!sled never was the same with the 8th drivers , by the way are you going with anti ratchet 8th??? if not .. send them back and get them , if you need to get your track punched and clipped i have the number for a guy in indiana thats doing it ... but with out the antiratch driver the track kept ratcheting (sp?) i had to run the track so tight i couldnt get my finger between track and hyfax , and once i got it to stop ratcheting by the tight track i couldnt adjust my transfer rods or the track would start slipping again ..... sounds like we run the same setup (benders) sorry for the not so good news , if you need any help let me know !!!!!good luck

Yes on the extrovert drivers.No on the need to punch out the track.Any gearing that pulled really hard?Not interested in all top speed.0-100mph

ya what ever i have in there now in pretty hot out of the hole , i was taking every twin out of the hole by a sled and a half , then about 85 - 90 they wave as they go by me. im just in the middle of tearing it down so let me see whats in there ,i will be selling all my gears , so if you need one once i know what i have let me know ..

Tell me I don't need to change

I have SLP's and am going with 136" ripsaw and stock 9T drivers, no studs. I assume the anti-ratchet drivers either 8T or 9T require me to punch every hole. Think this thing will ratchet? I figure it pulls 145hp.

Current gearing is 22/39 SX gears. Thats down from stock, so I think I will put in my 23T to make up for the 136" a little.

Going to tear it down in 2 weeks. Really wondering what i should put in there
before I re-mount driveshaft.

Tom

I dont think it will be as bad with the 9th drivers , but i really cant say it will not do it at all , i have never tried it .. i guess if i were you and i had a few extra bucks, i would get the no-slip and get the track punched and clipped , the nice thing about the no-slips you can run only two drivers (less rotating mass) and you can run the track really loose ( better top end) ... but you might just try it this year with the stock drivers you might be ok , i did run mine two years and was able to put on 4500 miles , so its not like you cant use it ... good luck !!! if ya need anything let me know ..

Gonna go for it

Well,

I am going to bolt the track on my stock drivers and see what happens. Can always change next year. Hope there is not 1,000 inches of snow in MN this year.

I'm putting a 136" extension w/ a Ripsaw on my triple piped viper and usinf stock 9 tooth drivers. I have an expertX rear suspension and should have no issues w/ ratchetting. I want to maximize my fuel milage, so I'm leaving the gears stock for now.

Back