89 Ovation with viper/srx features

viper7mi

VIP Member
I started this project back in April with the intent to have a cool sled for my daughter. The sled was a back yard find that I could not pass up. The sled needed allot of cleaning.

I would like to replace the skid and track but, I think that will be next years project. If I could get some cheap Viper stickers it would look cool.

89 Ovation
Stock engine
White clutch guard
Flat black painted pipe
Ovation seat recovered with a Viper cover and new wood (in process)
Phazer struts
SRX GYT skis (in process)
Viper rear snow flap
Viper handlebar pad (need to put on)
White grills

I will post more pictures next week with seat done with waxed and polished.

Attachments

• ov2.jpg
    ov2.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 21
  • ov3.jpg
    ov3.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 11
  • ov4.jpg
    ov4.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 14
  • ov1.jpg
    ov1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

The Ovation is almost complete. I need to add the trim on the windy.

I got a pair of SRX skis and cut out the middle of the saddle and painted black. I still need to shim the skis rubber mount.

I used a 03 Viper seat cover and had some extra vinyl added to the front and added 2" of extra foam to the top and some to the sides. The seat turned out perfect.

89 Ovation
SRX skis
Viper seat cover custom
Paint exhaust
Black hifaxes
Phazer front pogo shocks
Viper blue handlebar cover
White grills
White clutch cover

Thanks to Goneblue and Expertviper for the parts.

Attachments

• ova1.jpg
    ova1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 8
  • ova2.jpg
    ova2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 16
  • ova3.jpg
    ova3.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 8
  • oav4.jpg
    oav4.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 7
Next year I might paint her Yamaha blue and white.

The clutch cover will get dirty on the bottom. The top should stay white if kept clean???

The sled turned out pretty cool. I might add a 121 skid next year. What model Yamaha skid 121 would fit best? What track too!

I was told to go with a 2.52 pitch track and change the drivers but to what size?

Took the Ovation out again this weekend for a Family Fun Day. The sled started right up, rode great and never died. The wife and kids had fun. Mission Completed guys!

I'm still working on mine. I almost bought a 94 on ebay last week in Dundee. The guy had a buy-it-now for $300 and it went for 270. Said it needed a track and the rear suspension. I don't know what was wrong with the rear suspension.

Back