Im back on a Yamaha

MUFDVR

I had a 04 800 XPS11 last year. I loved it but had a baby and sold it. This year I had to save a little cash so I bought a 2002 Viper. I hade one in 2002 that I put the Hauck/Cpr pipes on. I ordered the same combo again. The sled is all stock. I can't get over for about 4500-5000 you can have an awesome trail/lake sled with this Viper with about a grand in mods. I have a question, up front the heat exchanger looks a little bent and tweaked is this going to be a problem? How rugged are these things? I'm pretty excited about putting this 2002 together.

I ran one in 2002 that ran perfect. Basically the Hauck kit with some fine tuning in the jetting area. I loved everything about it. I put about 1500 miles on it and someone hit me. I collected from his ins company and bought a skidoo. Now im back to hear the 3 hole music. :WayCool:

I will only ride Canada this year and I don't need a whole lot of suspension. The Rev is a better sled in almost every area. The 9k price tag is not as atractive as $4900.00 with a pipe kit. I loved the Rev, but if I have to take a step down this is a sled i still can have a lot of fun on and open some 800cc twin owners eyes. Last year i got beat up pretty bad by a 2002 piped viper on the lake.

I agree with you mufdvr. That said if you think that exchanger looks bad change it NOW! because it seems to me you might have time to do so.Now my question? HOW BAD DID THAT VIPER EAT YOU AFTER 90 MPH? (HONEST ANSWER)

A buddy ownes the local yamaha dealer and he said don't loose any sleep over it. I raced that Viper a dozen times. I only had 96 picks down the center. Out of the hole he would kill me and seemed even out. I did a roll on at about 50 and it was ski to ski until he eventually pulled a half a sled. The conditions were hard packed and a little bumpy. My 800 was geared up a tooth and jetted correctly. Long story short i got beat pretty good. It was no surprise i owned one in 02.

Mufdvr love your name. Did you get the updated shocks on the sled or atleast have revalved shocks on it? makes a hell of a difference on the 2002'S.

I don't know. My 2002 was really stiff and i liked it.I don't know if this had the change.I weigh 210 and the sled kits ridden. I should have my pipes Tuesday. I can't wait to here the sweet music.

Take it from me revalve those shocks for your weight and it will be like heaven.I think your friend had stock helix in it,change your helix with a little more ramp(degree) it pulls much better. Their are alot of experts on here that know a lot more than I could have time to learn what they know and they will help. What are you doing for clutching?

I have been told that i should change the helix. I ride mostly Canada and some Island pond.

Maxx performance

If you want to make it ride awesome, send shocks into maxx performance for their revalve/respring combo.... cost about 350, but well spent. They rebuild, custom valve and spring for your weight/riding style. I did it to my wifes sxr and my viper, best mod done....

I think in stock trim the suspension is nothing to write home about. That might be a good idea.

Back