96 Vmax 600Xt Pipe

dnale

VIP Member
Does anyone know what's a good price or where to even find one of these? I see one on ebay but I don't know if that's a good price.

I bought a set of gyt-r pipes off of e-bay last year for my 96' V-Max 600. Paid less than $150 after shipping. Don't know how much you are seeing them for, but they are on ebay quite often. I have jetting specs and such if you decide to buy them, just pm me and I'll dig my spec sheet out.

Last week I didn't bid on one that had a min bid of $99. The guy relisted it this week and it closed this morning for like $170.

I ran it up to $150. The person that won it doens't have any feedback and it was a new user name so I think the person might have made it up to get me to run the price up. I emailed the seller and offered to buy it outright, but oh well.

Hopefully I'll get something before the season.

dnale said:
Last week I didn't bid on one that had a min bid of $99. The guy relisted it this week and it closed this morning for like $170.

I ran it up to $150. The person that won it doens't have any feedback and it was a new user name so I think the person might have made it up to get me to run the price up. I emailed the seller and offered to buy it outright, but oh well.

Hopefully I'll get something before the season.

There is some unscrupulous "phantom bidding" happening on ebay, ...I guess the only recourse you have is to get a feel for what the item is really worth and bid accordingly.

I figured it was a "phantom" bidder, but I could be wrong. I didn't want to lay out much more than that for that guy. I'd much rather support a fellow member from here than someone that I have no affiliation or kinship to.

So does anyone else have one????

ejcamaro said:
There are a couple of sets of psi pipes on there now for less than $100 (as of this morning).

Where? I looked and I see only one set and they aren't psi pipes. Maybe I'm not looking under the right thing.

Thanks!

hello

if u dont get pipes anywhere else ask overseas here from finland. i just bought set of new gyt-r twins from official yamahadealer called Jokikone. Shop is situated at Joensuu finland. Their email address is varasosat@jokikone.fi price for pipeset is 150 euros and everything cames with the packace, even new mainjets and good information how to install pipes.

i dont know is it worth of buying this far but, asking dont cost anything. Last winter i bought new cdi-unit to my -84 max from alaska so post goes..

ike

sorry the address is varaosat@jokikone.fi

in english those words mean: varaosat = spareparts and dealers name jokikone is rivermachine. Short lesson of finnish.

ike

Ike said:
sorry the address is varaosat@jokikone.fi

in english those words mean: varaosat = spareparts and dealers name jokikone is rivermachine. Short lesson of finnish.

ike

Thanks for the email Ike. I dropped them an email this morning. They are looking into pricing and shipping.

What are the good brands? Pluses versus minuses between brands?

Back