wondering about V-force reeds

Fast_Eddy

Website
www.xtremesled.tk
My brother is looking into getting them for his 02 viper... but we have heard that reeds dont do all that much to a yamaha sled like they do to other brands.
What do you guys think? are they worth the price?

I wouldnt waste the cash unless you have a serious mod motor , the yamaha reeds are the best stock reeds out there , i tried the carbon tech reeds and pulled them out after 500 miles , unless your dragging it and trying to drop a little time i would spend your money somewhere else ...

I have a 98 & 99 700srx. I have delta force 3 reeds on both. They helped with riding on the lower end. my sled does not load up anymore when I ride slow. Also they are much more respnsive than stock. Spend the money.

dont waste the money, there are better mods for 300 bucks

if you want to improve your reeds remove them and make the stuffers match the reeds and flanges. this will give you better flow and is free if you have a few minutes.

other mods are to remove two layers from head gasket and clutching. also remove your manifold and stuff a rag in the exhaust port and remove the cast flashing hanging down from the port where it meets the flange, make sure your power valves are adjusted correctly while you have your manifold off.

i've used delta v-force reeds on two different yamaha's. a '95 600 twin vmax and a '99 triple 700. the third set is under the bed waiting for the 04 mtn viper to come off warranty. i'm in the spend the money camp for the following reasons. improved throttle response, a little more horsepower from motors that could stand a lot more,(especially midrange/topend) and fuel mileage improvement. don't know about where you ride, but out here in the west gas stations are few and far between not to mention ever spiraling gas prices. if you're looking for the biggest bang for the buck then yes there are other ways to spend your money, but if its part of an ongoing improvement project to your sled, then i wouldn't leave them out of the picture.

Thanks alot for the replys.. "my sled does not load up anymore when I ride slow."
My brothers viper does load up and then ride slow after a while and it would be awesome to get that outta there.SO far he has bender pipes. cold air mod,srx heat exchanger in the back tunnel,and im thinking reeds might be soon on the list.:)

if you have alot of work on a 700 they would help but they really help on 800 and up motors

Back