136 for my viper

onlyblue

VIP Member
hey guys, im gonna stretch my viper, probably with mountain performances kit, should i do the option 2 with relocation? or just 1? i ride on and off trail, and dont want to ruin on trail performance? let me know.... soon... want to git r done.....

I just finished in-stalling the option 2 kit…..It’s a fare amount of work to relocate the skid but in the end I was pleased. What’s more important trail riding or off trail riding?

hmmmmmm

prefer off trail, but spend time on trails to, especially those high mile upper penninsula trips.... did u get to ride it with the kit? do u have any pics of finished product...

My boyfriend did the option 2 on his viper last year before we went out west. I loved it ... doing it to my viper S this fall. The only complaint he had for trail riding was the the 4 inch riser he added, he says his wrist got sore if riding seated for longer. He didn't ride it much on trails to really determine how it handled.

I rode it on the trails a little ... seemed to handle good for me ... still we didn't ride trails very much while out west and it was the last and only trip we did after his extension.

Option 2 on the way...

picked up my 136 ripsaw from port at novi... now waiting for ups man to bring up the bacon... will post pics when finished...

I put a 136" ripsaw under on one of my 2003 Viper ER's last year. I didn't go with the relocation, but have always wondered if I should have done so. What does everyone think? I've got plenty of time to relocate the skid if everyone thinks it's a better sled that way.

I like to ride fields, ditches, field roads around home in southern IL (hour SE of St. Louis, MO), but ride the UP, Ste. Germain, and such. I've been to Grand Lake CO once too, but that was before the 136" project.

How much work will be involved if I want to just add the relocation kit? Hrs? $$? hassle?

Attachments

• tunnelext-5.jpg
    tunnelext-5.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 13
  • tunnelext-6.jpg
    tunnelext-6.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 17
  • tunnelext-10.jpg
    tunnelext-10.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 15
  • LED-3.jpg
    LED-3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 18
I got them on the internet somewhere... trying to think.. about $55 each and they're 12" wide so they look great on the tunnel. They are the two stage, so they're on as running light and brighten up incredibly when the brake light is on. Just splice it in under the seat.

Maybe it was signal dynamics??? do a search on Google on on here for LED brake light. I may have mentioned it in a previous post last year... oh wait, I think that database is gone.

Ah, here it is... Signal Dynamics Ultra Light Bar: http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/LightBars/ultra.asp

Last edited:
I have been thinking about the 136 kit my self.How does it ride? That is my main difference I am looking for.I just did the er deal and if this gets me close I might try that.I also have an M-10 in case that is not enough but would save a bunch just doing the extensions.Do those extensions seem sturdy I have heard conflicting reports.I am trying to keep from spending money on a fourstroke and I like the sled just not the ride!

WoodyCam,
How bright is the LED compared to the stock tail light?
If you put a luggage bag on the tunnel rack, can you still see the LED? Or does the luggage bag impede view of the LED?
Also, you said u bought 2 LEDs. Are there 2 LEDs on the back of this Viper?

Last edited:
I bought one for each Viper. Look at the photo where I have her sled next to mine. I mounted the LED right above the mudflap. I cut off the reflector. I did put reflective tape on the back of the sled though since I removed the factory reflector.

The LED lights are better than the factory. They are bright! On my tunnel, nothing hangs over it to impede the view. I figured if I had something on the tunnel esxt rack, that I'd better have another light. I've considered a couple others for the sled for added safety.

link of two sleds with LED's http://www.woodycam.org/136images/led6.jpg

Back