help with trip

seanmcp

VIP Member
Hi guys need help on finding a place to take my wife snowmobiling up north. It will be her first time so i don’t want to get lost. where trails are well marked and trails are great thanks leaving 12/26 Wisconsin or Michigan

Last edited:

IMO most trails in Michigan are marked well, as far as being great, opinions vary. For me as long as I can ride 30 mph and be in control with one hand the trail is fine, white snow is also good. Coming from IL. I would at least drive as far as Baldwin or Irons. I think they typically get less traffic than Cadillac, which would be my next stop coming from IL.

Derek

I like the Newberry area. The up trails are much wider and friendlier to new riders. Also you can ride out of St Ignance which has many miles of railroad grade to ride.

I felt wisconsin was friendlier to new riders. Much of the UP is remote, and the rides can be long. If you have a problem and you leave grand marais your looking at like 60 miles to paradise. Wisconsin is much more populated, and the trails were excellently marked when we were there. It has been a few years, and the UP has improved their markings too. Drawback to wisconsin is there is a bar around every corner, and usually a drunk also.

Try Gaylord, Mi., area. Lots of good places to stay on M27 south of town and the trail is right across the street. Trails are excellent and nicely marked. The trails cross lots of roads, so if you do get lost, you can always flag down a car to ask for directions.

Back