Torque limiter on a Viper: Info on instalation?

viper7mi

VIP Member
How do install a torque limiter on the 03 viper engine? Do you have to take both clutches off? Is it needed for a stock viper

The Viper suposedly compensates for the lack of a tensioner by actually moving the engine somewhat out of alignment in its base location and then under acceleration the natural rearward movement brings the center to center to the correct position.

All that being said I still added a tensioner to mine once I added pipes, you may not have to remove the primary but it just makes it easier to move around. All Engine tensioners for the Viper mount in the same location just a slight difference in mounting. Overall very easy!

As far as being needed on a stock motor?? Probably not in my opinion, but I'm sure you will here arguments both ways.

it is alot easier to remove primary, secondary and carbs (just unhook the carbs from the boots and get them out of the way alittle.) depending on which tensioner you have you may have to drill a hole through the frame. where are you in mich? i have done both, maybe i can show you or explain it clearer. i live north of lansing about 20 miles. ski

Back