cadallic mi great snow

edr454

snow in cadallic,baldwin and over to reed city great on sat. sunday north around cabrfae and mesick was crazy snow, snowed at least 8 to 10 during sunday, blinding snow. knee deep to waist deep off trail. should be set for all year.

i think you'll be fine the snow is deep. the cadallic posting on fish web is no help i haven't seen any posts. if any one lives up their and wants business they should get after it. alot of people look to fish web on where to go ride and spend money. cad was almost dead and had the best snow, like north of newberry snow maybe more. also sat and sun was like 20 deg all day no wind, on way home my wife called to warn me of hard wind and cold. we left a 7:00 pm and was 16 deg in cad and when we arrived in fremont IN was 6 below,,, weird

Cadillac trail report -dec 29th

Hi everyone,
We just finished about an hour's worth of driving trail number 6 and 37 near Caberfe, and even with the 1.5 inches of rain on Saturday, Sunday brought another two or three inches of snow to help cover the trails. Overall, the snowpack is probably 8 to 10 inches thick, even after the big melt. Just be careful on the roads, as they are covered in a thick layer of ice. the ditches are full of drifts, but underneath they are full of water.

We ended up dumping the Excel V on it's side after spinning out on the ice. We had the '69 Snowjet cutter sleigh mounted on the back and it was too much for a studless vintage machine to navigate the ice. It just brought the back-end around at about 20 kph.

then, I sunk the Enticer in a water and snow drift filled ditch on 40th road while turning around to find out what happened to my partners. We were able to fish it out with the Jeep and some tow straps so it wasn't a big deal.

The trails themselves however, especially rts 37, they are in fine shape. A little rutty and bumpy to be sure, but there isn't any dirt showing. Just be careful if you venture off trail as you might end up in a swamp under all that pretty, untouched snow.

thanks for the update us indiana guys need it, fish web still had nothing what a shame. two weekends ago someware off 37 we found a new chevy in the ditch on a two track about 4 miles off m55 nice new snow, tire tracks and foots prints walking back out. we followed foot prints and then found the wrecker about 2 miles in trans broke on cell phone trying to get a tractor hope they got out for christmas. high lift jack and a chain will get you out of most stucks. yellow strap streches more than the travel of the jack at least in deep mud.

Back