Building the best crossover sxViper

Automed

I just bought a 2003 sxViper Mountain (0nly 450km on it)

I wanted a reliable two stroke triple (since my last triple turned out to be a piece of !@#$!) I really liked the sxViper trail but since my last short track turned out to be a piece of !@#$! I decided to go long.

Now I need to make this nice sled handle well on trails as well as in powder.

So far I've been told that I should do the following:

1- Install marginal snow wheel kit to save hyfax.
2- Install Mountain Max sway bar to help with trail cornering. (disconnect one side when going to the mountains)
3- Install torque limiter.
4- Replace track with a less aggressive IE: Camoplast Ripsaw, Predator or Cross Country.
5- Have lots of fun.

Any other suggestions?

I've been told that before, would it not cause a balancing problem if the lugs are not cut perfectly the same all over, sort of like a car wheel out of balance.

how about widening the front end? If it's a mountain sled, it will be narrower than the trail viper. Not a bad project though. I'd love to get a RX with that new 144" skid.

http://www.totallyamaha.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1778&highlight=cutting+track

Here is a link to track cutting, more info is availabe on this site, just do a search. I have not heard of anybody experienceing any negative side effects to cutting a track. The balance is a lot different on a track than it is on a tire. You will not notice at all if there are slight differences between lugs. (eg. height, mass, shape, etc.) Take your time, and keep the razor blade out of your skin and it should be a pretty easy job that will save you a bunch of money.

The front end is 44" wide from ski edge to ski edge.

My old short track trail machine was 48" wide.

I think the sway bar has more to do with good trail cornering than the width of the sled.

Back