Black SRX700

vmax3

I know a few guys have blacked out SRX's before. Can anyone give me a heads up on a few pointers??

What do you do for the blue seat?

YOu can take a look at my brothers sled right here, it is a 1998 srx 600 and it is fast! got 109 on the gun last year. http://www.cbperformanceparts.com/Photo_Gallery/Snow_Pics/snow_pics.html
The easiest way to get the decals off the hood is by a hairdryer to heat them up and they peel right off. Then you need to spray the hood, self expanitory, and for the seat, we put tape over the "YAMAHA" on the seat and spray that black as well. I hope this helps but once you see the final product, it looks awsome. I also stripped his chassis and polished it for that "Mirror look" Lastly we have our own front end on it made of heat treated aluminum which is very strong. If you want to check out our front ends they are on the same site. www.cbperformanceparts.com HOpe this helps

I have put `98 SRX sidecovers and bumpers on mine, seat cover from the v-max 600dx `99. but i have sprayed it purple.

Last edited:
In fact, just last week I finished polishing up my 2000 srx and it looks like A mirror, I can see myself as if it were a mirror. Last year I ran into this guy at a bar and he told me how to do it. He told me to get some marine stripper and it will take it right off. SO it tried it and it couldn't have worked any better. So just get some marine paint stripper and it will take it off no problem it just has to sit for 20 minutes then you wipe it off. Then there was a little blue left over and I wipped down the whole chassis with a solvent to clean it. Then I buffed it up. It looks awsome and I couldn't be happier, I will send you some pics as soon as I can. The only problem with this is that it is very time consuming probably took me a long he lines of 10-12 hours because you have to let the striper dry. Good luck

here are some pictures

Attachments

• PA261260.jpg
    PA261260.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 43
  • PA261264.JPG
    PA261264.JPG
    557.2 KB · Views: 33
  • PA261261.JPG
    PA261261.JPG
    527.5 KB · Views: 28
  • PA261255.JPG
    PA261255.JPG
    508.3 KB · Views: 39
  • PA151214.JPG
    PA151214.JPG
    542.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Aircraft remover

Use aircraft romover. it is in a aresol can and boils the paint off almost instantly. its available at walmart ;)! BTW how do you spray the seat??

Last edited:
I sprayed it with a black paint and put tape over the yamaha word on the seat so that it didn;t get sprayed over. I think my brothers sled looks excellent the way he set it up. I dont want to turn mine black because I have a 2000 srx where they made everything blue so I will have to change mud flap, bellypan, dash, windshield and much more and it is just way to hard.

Back