Anyone with some Triple pipes viper drag race results?

MUFDVR

I always like to here some good stories about drag races. Everyone that does it knows how fun it is to beat up on some bigger iron with a underdog! I have one too share. I bought a new 2002 Viper and before the snow flew I did the Hauck kit, and the sled was spot on. My first trip up north I had the most fun drag racing i have ever experienced on a sled. The sled flew. We came out of the trail and on to the lake we went. I must have raced every sled on the planet and did very well. I battled a ZR900 for about 6 runs until he finally beat on top after the 6th run. There were about a dozen stock Vipers cheering me on. Cat after skidoo after Polaris was lined up with the triple piped viper and it was a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong there were a few sleds that did get me and there always will be but i had a blast. Then I was hit by a group of sleds on my way home at about 100 mph, they clipped my sled a wrecked it. I had his insurace pay for the sled and i just recently bought another one.

Mufdvr I had a 1988 phazer and my brother had one of those skidoos I think it was a 485 liquid ( I called it the bullhead it looked like the fish) Well I remember beating him up with that 45 hp. phazer in 1989. Well in april of 2001 I spring ordered a viper without knowing my brother bought a 670 ho. skidoo which in its day was a good runner. He let the cat out of the bag in june what he did and would call me up twice a week to tell me how he is going to spray and cover me in snow and how he is going to wave by! by! when he is going past me, it just about killed me to keep my secret all those months without saying a word to him about my viper. I had it all planned out how it would be when I was saying see ya on the trail to him thats when we had a late winter without much snow and figured I would let the cat out of the bag before I went on the trip to newyork with all of our friends and they would eventually tell him when they got back because he couldn't make it. So anyway I had him come over one day and I was pretending to work on the phazer in my yard right next to the viper covered up 3' away There were six other people there and my wife filming from the house and he didn't ask what was under the cover for a good 1/2 hour he went back to his truck and I tried to hurry to uncover one of the skis and my friend even asked me what was under there and I said you will see in another minute,my brother asked three or four times what was under there when he came back and I finally said uncover it you should have seen his face and all of their faces when it was unvailed, they were in awe and even myself because the look of that thing at the time,you never seen a sled look like that before. That is what I'm going to remember about this sled when its gone. When we got out on the trail to him it ran like it looked even in stock form. I have another story for you about a friend with a 2002 worked skidoo mxz traded it in because my viper whooped him and bought the rev with the new motor and beat him up still, he might buy the new machnow 20,000dollars laterand he can't figure it out. I'm piped stock weights too much degree helix now (under rev) and still hauls butt. MTNviper told me a setup last year but can't remember it something with a orange yellow spring in secondary that more than likely would work with this helix.

Well...for acouple of years (3) now my younger brother has been racing on grass. The first couple he ran an SRX and did quite well in ameteur stk 700. Actually he won 700, 800 and open on the SRX...which was awesome!! Lots of crying T-cat owners. This year he had to turn pro...so we drove 18hrs to buy an Improved Viper that would be competitive in the pro ranks (thanks spec).

The whole time he raced I had a freind with an 1100 "big bore" T-cat..210hp...blah blah blah. He always talked big, like a cat guy. Anyways last December after getting the viper home we had alittle fun with him. Me and T-cat guy where out on the lake for most of the morning radar running and screwing around...then off in the distance..something badass fired up...You could just barely see it down at the other end of the lake but you could hear it. T-cat guy's like "hahaha hope that guy wants his ass kicked" (or something silly like that). Then BAM ice chips and smoke and anger from the other end of the lake. As it gets closer T-cat guy realizes it's my bro...and starts getting nervous...mostly "What the hell is that?!?!?!"

After seeing it he suggests lining up...silly...you cannot imagine how fast the viper left that tank sitting on the line. I know it was completely unfair but man was it ever cool. In 500' the t-cat looked 450' behind him...funny stuff. Now my brother also has an improved SRX 1000...it's just silly.

I have what started out as a 2003 Viper ER, then was converted to a 2003 Venture chassis (136" track) but setup with a Viper S hood on it. We won quite a few races in Improved Stock 700, Improved Stock 800, Open Mod 700 & 800, and a class we call King Of The Hill (run what ya brung). We also won the Dakota Shoot Out up against a 1000cc Cat as well. Here's a couple of pictures with the red Viper ER hood on it and one with the Viper S hood. I never did get any pictures when it was all finished ;):D

I just love to hear story's like this! the viper beating up on the big tank t-cats :)
Me and my older brother do alot of drag racing around here.Last year there was a big event (big for around here) with about 100 sleds.We won the 700 mod class and got 4th in the open mod class. 3rd place was a bored polaris 800 with nitrous 2nd was a modded rx1 and first place to a turbo rx1 that nothing could even come close to!

i one time beat a T-cat with my viper. i only have 144 studs, with a 1" track, bender clutch and can, and transfer rods...

we were ripping across the lake and i started gaining on him, before i knew it, i blew by him and he came to a screaching hault.

moral of the story................ ................. replace your belt every 1000 miles if you own a T-cat

I love it, all good stuff. These Viper are very mod friendly. 30 hp for $8-900 dollars is a bargain. I mostly trail ride but its nice to have a sleeper for the drag racing at the pond or lake. That viper is just a great machine to make some people feel bad with there 10,000 dollar stock 700 and 800's. I know I did last year when i was holding my own on Lake Morey and then was spanked by a piped Viper like my old one. Know I have one again and my pipes are here! There in the kitchen and my wife is on to me! I was not supposed to get a sled this year because of our new baby expense nor spend $900.00 on mods. I also have a MotoExtreme cr107 i bought for the kid for $2500.00 that he cant ride. Matter of fact he can't even walk yet. Mama's not too happy about that either. Oh well, She will get over it. A man needs his toys. I forget to mention a just finished building a mini track in my back yard. I love the buddy grudge matches, they get pretty heated around here. I spent $4500.00 in mods in 1996 to run down my buddy and come to find out he spent the same and we were ski too ski. I just payed off my credit card. LOL. Lots of fun. I can't wait to dial this thing in!

These stories are making me feel pretty good about my new ride! I hope I get to have a few of these experiences. ;)! It sounds like a built Vipe can hold it's own.

Back