3 day trail ride from New Liskeard, Ontario

wjohnston

We are looking to map out a ride from New Liskeard at the end of January for approximately 3 days. We were wondering about a loop in to Quebec and then north and back to New Liskeard by Amos Quebec and then either back down to New Liskeard or across to Cochrane and then ride down to New Liskeard. We are just looking for some advice on rides each day and what the trails are like that way. :letitsnow

Trails are highways up there.No problem putting on 300 kms for a day ride and haveing your sled parked before dark.

I cant speak for quebec rideing [hear its even better]

Going to be taking a trip to New Liskeard end of january too.
will be driving the sleds from Minden and up one day, sled up there for a day and then head back home on the third day. Should be fun.
Rick.

If you guys are looking for a great place to stay try my inlaws place www.sunnydalecottagesandchalet.ca ask for John or Diane they have a great set up! And hey, let me know when your coming, i may tag along for a ride.

You may want to stay in Ontario, or you will have to pay extra for permits in Quebec. Great riding in Quebec though. But you could run from New Liskeard to Timmins, Kapuskasing, Cochrane etc. Also you can ride to Shinning Tree and stay at Three Bear Lodge, then ride to Timmins and loop back to New Liskeard. I have done these runs lots. Also if you dare to try you try for Heast. I have done this run from Kirkland 3 times, just over 500kms one way!

Is there cottages close to the trails? We don't want to do alot of road running. Thanks for the info.

They are right on Lake Temiskaming, you shoot across the bay and run the river to the top A trail, takes you like under 10mins. At the mouth of the river there is Mr. Gas or if you prefer further down the river you can go to a Petro Can right next a McDonalds, Wendy's, Tim Horton's.

ReaperSRX said:
If you guys are looking for a great place to stay try my inlaws place www.sunnydalecottagesandchalet.ca ask for John or Diane they have a great set up! And hey, let me know when your coming, i may tag along for a ride.

You may want to stay in Ontario, or you will have to pay extra for permits in Quebec. Great riding in Quebec though. But you could run from New Liskeard to Timmins, Kapuskasing, Cochrane etc. Also you can ride to Shinning Tree and stay at Three Bear Lodge, then ride to Timmins and loop back to New Liskeard. I have done these runs lots. Also if you dare to try you try for Heast. I have done this run from Kirkland 3 times, just over 500kms one way!
He speaks the truth. Cottages are good, we stay there every year. Trails are directly across the bay next to Rooster restaurant (think that's what its called). Good ribs there and good clubs too (as if you can screw up a club). Good bar in town and the local girl have been very forthcoming with our crew (if you know what I mean). lol - Oops, was I supposed to say that? What happens in New Liseard stays...

Attachments

• Sunnydale.jpg
    Sunnydale.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
And if you are going to Cochrane staying in the igloos was a lot of fun. Hot tub outside the main building too.

Attachments

• igloo.jpg
    igloo.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 4
I know that as of Jan 5th the trail from Butler Lake Truck stop to Ramore was not open. There is a small River that was still open. There is a way around it though..

The A105Q trail between LaSarre and Cochrane is open and groomed. We just have a few signs left to put up.If anyone needs info on trail conditions around here give me a call @ 1-888-494-5344.
Rod

Back