V-max 540 81k -86 resto

Nikolai_Ex

V-max 540 81k -86 resto,with working pics now

So,now the rebuilding of my dear v-max finaly starts,the thing is going to be totaly disassembled and every part is being fixed,painted or changed out

I bought the 'max this summer,but i stored it in a friends garage until now because of other projects(such as my exciter and my car).Im not done with the Exciter yet,but i simply could not wait any longer to get this one fixed up

So,its condition is...well,everything has got the shit beaten out of it,but i think the engine could be the best part on the sled...if the odometer(?) is right,its got about 7000 kilometers on it..

All my friends laughed their asses of when i got it,and called me a idiot and a retard.I did not pay much for this sled,but they tought it was WAAAY to expensive.they all drive newer machines and dont know shit about these classics

But ill let the pictures speak for them self..it may look like shit now,but its possible to make this a good sled again

This was when i got it in the summer,just picked it up from the old barn it was standing in
maxn.jpg

That dent in the rear of the tunnel could be difficcult to fix
maxn4.jpg

Anyone got a hood for sale?:)
DSC00539.jpg

Under what was left of the hood,everything seems to be here execpt for the oil tank
maxn2.jpg

More to come!

Nikolai

Last edited:

So dragged it home the other day,and started the restoration(notice my brothers Ski-Poo in the background :lol: one hell of a ride,but im a yamaha-man at heart
DSC00912.jpg

Started with the seat,that isnt in that bad condition..The seat cover can be fixed easily,but the wooden plate is rotten to the core
DSC00913.jpg

Pics of the holes,heres the two on the top..what looks like a third to the left is actually yellow paint for some reason
DSC00914.jpg

Last edited:
This is the worst tear,but its mainly ripped along the seem(?) so it could be fixed
DSC00916.jpg

This one is for the guys at the v-max forum,since their making a list:)i will post this projet on www.vintagevmax.com to
DSC00911.jpg

Nikolai

Might still be a while before this one sees the trails again in a nicer apearance than this,since cash is low,hehe.
I thought about swapping the track with a better one with bigger lugs,and just ride it a bit this winter,because it starts right up,it just looks like it went trough a world war

I will try to have a running restoration going,and when summer comes,i can disassemble the whole thin and get the chassie painted and stuff...need a bunch of parts to to have it looking good

Nikolai

du får si fra om du trenger deler, jeg har en komplett 1983 mod. skal selge noen deler fra den :)

lykke til med prosjektet, og du.. jeg satte sammen og bygde om min Vmax 4 til MM på 22 timer ;) hehe

Back