Guess how many pulls it took to start after 2 years of sitting?

sandmanmike1

Well I finally went and got my Old School 94 Vmax 600 ST 136" that has sat for 2 years I was a little nervous if it would start. After only 8 pulls it fired up and is running strong. I may have to start calling it Old Faithful. I left the old plugs in it too. Gotta love those old Vmax's. When I put it away I just unloaded it and that was it. No Stabil or anything.

Pulling carbs tomorrow just to be sure. I just ran it around the property a few times on my dads 40 acres. Going to Mancelona MI area on Thursday or Sunday. She was pulling hard.

in the old days,like back in 1978 and up to 1981,we never did stuff like cleaning carbs on our sleds.Example was my 78 Exciter 440.Ran it all season,parked it all summer the way it was and ran it again the next season..over and over.No such thing as carb cleaning done and sleds ran good.Go figure.

Ya know my brothers '94 LE is the same way 7-8 pulls and the damn thing
is running,i have to use premix down the holes and 8-9 pulls. who says
old is junk!!!! lol

lol, we never cleaned the carbs in our sleds, except when there first bought, same where im from down labrador, we never cleaned the carbs. well, very rarely, and all of our sleds ran without a hitch. BUt now if I had a sled that was sitting for a couple years, then yes, we would clean the carbs

Back