viper shocks on srx ?

tooold

I know this has been posted many times but I am slow so please bear with me would some tell me step by step how install rear viper shocks on my 2002 srx what else do I need beside the rear shocks ? I wont be doing the work myself Ill have my dealer do it but they never heard of it being done so Ill have to give them this info. Or maybe its not worth the effort ?

rear shocks and springs from viper or sxR valved for your weight and riding style, 00-02 srx has same limiter strap part numbers as viper so you dont need straps (older sx/srx's needed different straps) lengthen the bottom of the stock transfer rods with an adapter (you need to make your own) 7.5mm longer. set the transfer rods for even gaps at the spacers for ride quality. you can do a search about long travels too and that will give lots of info. the fronts on srx without ohlins are a problem, you need to get different mount brkts, or send your current shocks to maxximum perf or pioneer perf for lengthening. use the cool links pages on t.y. to go to maxx and pioneers websites and take that info to the shop. or help them look it up on the web at the shop. ski

thanks skidooboy

I just bought a set of 4 viper takoffs. rear sounds easy on my 2000.
adjust center shock to zero preload and lengthen strap right? and then make smaller bushing for my stock transfer rods to even the spaces?

and with new front brackets, can I jsut dial down the ride height on these viper shocks and keep the srx radius rods? maybe only adding 1" of ride heigh? hope this answer is yes.

thanks

Ramb

Back