noob

1fastgixxer

looking for some answers here. i just bought a 99 srx700 triple. first snowmobile. just woundering if getting a new exhaust really adds 25hp? read somwhere that exhausts really dont do much. also wondering what length the track is and what the biggist track "nubs" you can get? and what is stock? dont know much about snowmobiles other then there fun. :rockon:

There's not much to improve on the SRX exhaust, unless you go to a bigger bore. Those 25 horse claims your hearing are probably for a sled without factory triple pipes, so I would leave the pipes alone. Your track is 121in. in length. You can go with a 1.25 lugged track but will not be able to stud it. If you go with a 1 inch lug I think you can put in 1.25 studs. Maybe someone else can help out with more info.

Welcome . . .

All I can say is that if this is your first snowmobile, just be careful. You picked one of the fastest sleds out there, and snow and ice can be oh so different than other surfaces.

In any case enjoy the sport, and the ride. Get to know the sled well, and search the forums here for a wealth of info.

ejcamaro said:
There's not much to improve on the SRX exhaust, unless you go to a bigger bore. Those 25 horse claims your hearing are probably for a sled without factory triple pipes, so I would leave the pipes alone. Your track is 121in. in length. You can go with a 1.25 lugged track but will not be able to stud it. If you go with a 1 inch lug I think you can put in 1.25 studs. Maybe someone else can help out with more info.

i was looking at lsp pipes. are those any good? also where do you get jet kits for the srx?

Pipes dont help the srx. The stockers are better than the aftermarkets in the case of the srx's, its the single pipe yamaha's that benefit from the triple pipes (25-27h.p.)

yamaholic22 said:
Pipes dont help the srx. The stockers are better than the aftermarkets in the case of the srx's, its the single pipe yamaha's that benefit from the triple pipes (25-27h.p.)

thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure. thanks for the replay. saved me some money there. ;)!

Back