whats a Viper silencer that won't loose power ?

NB-NYTRO

whats a Viper silencer that won't loose power ? Like it says guys? Anyone know ? there was another post on this. I can't find it.

Thanks

You don't have to worry about losing power with any of the aftermarker silencers for the viper, as the stock one is quite restrictive. You are most likely thinking of the srx silencers, in which the stockers have the most power, and any aftermarket ones lose weight, but also lose a little power. For the viper, although the gains may be small, there should be some gain, and of course the weight savings. Hope this helps

You 100% for certain for sure lose some low end grunt with virtually any aftermarket silencer for any 2 stroke Yamaha!!!

I have reading all over the net about people loosing power by adding a light weight silencer o their single piped Vipers? So you are saying that I won't looser and power? On **********.com everyone was saying that I would loose power with any aftermarket lightweight silencers? What brand do you guys recommend?

Troy

I have a Maxximum Performance (Dynoport) silencer on my '02 Viper. I can tell you that I have not lost power. The sound is still fairly quiet, but sounds way cool. The weight savings is noticeable when picking up the front end. I have the silencer combined with TPI valves and a CPR clutch kit. For relatively few mods, the sled keeps up fairly nicely with my brother's '03 F7.

I would stay clear of the Rumble Pack!!! I think they are garbage.

GOt an MBRP myself and it tis nicely finished adn not too loud and has a nice sound to it.

I have maxximums

maxx perf's silencer seemed to help mine out a little, and sounds good, not real loud (could be a little louder), i might change to a mbrp....

I found this info on Rumble Pack. Sounds good ?

"If you are looking for performance you have come to the right place. Sno-Stuff Rumble Pack Silencers continue to set new standards in the industry. All Rumble Packs are designed from the ground up with performance, quality and reliability as primary goals. In other words, we did our job so all you have to do is ride, and ride hard. Extensive dyno testing with the best equipment available insures accuracy and honesty that others can not match. We pride ourselves in making sure that the fit is pefect with no modifications to the belly pan necessary for installation. These silencers will give you an increase of 3 to 6 more horse power and reduce your weight from 7 to 9 lbs"

We didn't stop there either. The exclusive Rumble Pack internal design allows for stock like sound levels but with an exhaust note that is nothing like stock at all. After all, something this exceptional in performance, looks and quality should get noticed. No other silencer in production offers all these qualities at such an affordable price. You will not be disappointed. We are constantly adding new application so if you do not see your sled listed below, please call or visit our web site for up to date releases. Also dyno sheets can be provided for HP verification.

BS ??

i just insatalled a slp. sound like a mod stock sx silencer, quite nice, not sur about when itl be ripping on the snow with the valves open,i hope it dont loose power, might have to dyno just to see

NB-VIPER said:
I found this info on Rumble Pack. Sounds good ?

"If you are looking for performance you have come to the right place. Sno-Stuff Rumble Pack Silencers continue to set new standards in the industry. All Rumble Packs are designed from the ground up with performance, quality and reliability as primary goals. In other words, we did our job so all you have to do is ride, and ride hard. Extensive dyno testing with the best equipment available insures accuracy and honesty that others can not match. We pride ourselves in making sure that the fit is pefect with no modifications to the belly pan necessary for installation. These silencers will give you an increase of 3 to 6 more horse power and reduce your weight from 7 to 9 lbs"

We didn't stop there either. The exclusive Rumble Pack internal design allows for stock like sound levels but with an exhaust note that is nothing like stock at all. After all, something this exceptional in performance, looks and quality should get noticed. No other silencer in production offers all these qualities at such an affordable price. You will not be disappointed. We are constantly adding new application so if you do not see your sled listed below, please call or visit our web site for up to date releases. Also dyno sheets can be provided for HP verification.

BS ??

I have heard a rumble pack silencer on a skidoo and it is obnoxiously loud. I would be interested to see their dyno results, even though I doubt that it provides any performace improvement.

RedlineViper said:
i have the bender with one of their clutch kits, and the sled rocks! sounds sweet howling across the lake too!

Thanks for the reply. Are you runing a single pipe with their muffler ? So you found a big difference over stock muffler and clutching ?

98srx6 said:
I have heard a rumble pack silencer on a skidoo and it is obnoxiously loud. I would be interested to see their dyno results, even though I doubt that it provides any performace improvement.

I emailed Sno-stuff and asked them if they would be willing to share their dyno results for the Viper and SRX with us. I also provided them with a link to the forum. I'll post their response.

NB, 2 of my buddies have vipers, we all got them about the same time. i went with the bender can, the clutch they sugested, have adjustable transfer rods from yamaha, and 144 studs.

they each have an MBRP can and studs (no clutch kit)

my viper pulls away from them everywhere we go. in 500' on the snow, i am atlest 2-3 sled lengths ahead.

most don't believe it untill they see it.

RedlineViper said:
NB, 2 of my buddies have vipers, we all got them about the same time. i went with the bender can, the clutch they sugested, have adjustable transfer rods from yamaha, and 144 studs.

they each have an MBRP can and studs (no clutch kit)

my viper pulls away from them everywhere we go. in 500' on the snow, i am atlest 2-3 sled lengths ahead.

most don't believe it untill they see it.

Thanks for the info. You mean you got the hand adjustable nut from Yamaha for your control rods? Do you find it was worth the money ?

Back