Transfer Rods

cacsrx1

Im doing the viper shock conversion on my 98 SRX and I thought I read somewhere that the stock transfer rods are long enough, or do I need the 7.5 mm extension???Also, instead of buying $50 worth of limiter straps from yamaha I just added a hole to mine and it looks like it should work fine.

You will be fine with your stock rods.The 98-99 uses the same length rods as the Vipers and mounts in the rear hole.Only the 00-02 srx needs longer rods.

atlas is correct, i didnt look at the year, sorry for the misinformation. 00-02 srx and 00-03 mountain max's need the extended rods for full suspension movement. ski

transfer rod extentions

heres a pic of my transfer rod extentions on my 02 SRX

Attachments

• sled pics 003newnew.JPG
    sled pics 003newnew.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 108
I'm trying to do the same thing to my SRX but am having some trouble. Do you know if there is a conversion kit that can be purchased. Or, do you know of a website/place that lists the conversion process (directions). Thanks in advance.

Mike

I just did mine the other day and instead of 7.5, I did 10. seems to work fine and I did mine a different way then card guy so you can not even see that I did it. Works perfect and my track sits perfectly flat. What are you having problem with??? I will help

Ok I did the Viper shocks on the rear also. I left the rods stock until reading the posts on here. I have a 00 SRX by the way. Does anyone know where the 7.5mm came from? When comparing the viper stock rods to the 00 SRX rods they are about 1 1/2 in longer. I'm thinking it has to do with the mounting location, but I want to be sure before doing the conversion. I also want to know if you guys changed the limiter straps...and if so to which ones? Thanks a bunch guys and Merry Christmas!!

srx suspension

Guys,

I have an 02 srx and installed the Maxximum viper style control rods using the rear mounting holes on the frame. To do this, you mount the rods using a bolt and nut rather than bolting them into the threaded shaft used for the front mounting holes. My limiters are set with 1.5" of thread exposed and the sled sits perfectly flat. I used 2.5mm spacers on the bottom and 5mm spacers on the top of my control rods. When I sit on it, I get equal spacing on top and bottom of the rods so should give decent ride. I have the Ohlin's shock extensions for my front ski shocks.

Bruce from Pioneer recommended I use the viper length rods and the rear mounting holes so that certainly boosted my confidence that this was the right approach.

Just thought I would add my 2-cents.

Mark

Back