Track Won't hook up

Kellen Huber

I have a 1998 Srx With a 136" rip saw track , I am finding that I can not hook up off the line. What I have done to my sled is changed the gears from 23/37 to 21/39, the clutching is now 8BU weights a Bender orange spring and 50/45 helix,I have also taken the control rods off the back suspention and put limiter straps in place. On hard pack snow it will dig into the snow about 3" deep for about 150'. The motor is stock ecsept for the carps are down jet from 146.3/148.8 to 143.8/146.3.The plugs are BR10ev.I have also put the long travel suspention in the rear only(looking for a good way to lift the front)
The question that i have is, is the suspention set up incorrectly or is the rip saw track too soft and it is bending over,also what will stop the track from ratchiting in soft snow?
Has any one ran into this problem? :yam: :yam:

That gearing with 8bu weights is a real low end grunt set up. You won,t hook up unless you are on hardpack & run at least 192 studs. I would gear the thing back up. You will find holeshot & top end way better. Also on hard pack you will hook up better by actually backing transfer off. You want to keep the front end down on the yammies. As soon as you start lifting the skiis you are toast.

I run 23/39 in western manitoba on my MSRX. This is with 9 tooth drivers. Make sure your engagement is about 4-4200 rpm too....hi engagement roosts the track worse! Get the gearing up & engagement down & then lets see what happens. You probably have a combination of too low gearing, too high engagement combined with very aggressive clutching. I like the 8dn-20 weights out of the 00-02 SRX. way smoother down low but still pulls hard.

that was the rato i was just thinking about.Also my engagmentis approx 4000rpm
with your 8dn-20 weights what spring are you using?

Back