2010 sled trailer?

bolin22

2010 yamaha sled movie trailer?

anyone catch the 2010 new product movie trailer put out by yamaha today? shows a phazerish type sled carving through the deep snow and ripping down the trail. a different front end, looks like almost an apex looking hood with a dual beam mnt. max headlight assembly. could we possibly be seeing a factory turbO>> :dunno: let the gossip begin......

Last edited:

there is some info floating around

power assisted steering and a 4-stroke turbocharged among things that are being hinted

2009 Snowmobiles:

2009 is a big year for 3 of the OEMs. With Yamaha's 4stroke footing strongly planted, and the other 3 still playing 2 stroke tunes while they strengthen their 4 stroke tech, there's a competitive selection of snowmobiles on the market right now forshadowing a new beginning.

Whats really been happening is the revolutionization of the snowmobile, With the new 2010 emissions regulations luming and talks of more stringent emission regulation shortly after, OEMs have been scrambling to fit into the GO Green development model... that means higher tech sleds, the pros and cons of which are a topic of its own.

2010 Snowmobiles:

Of course we're hardly into 2009 and theres already a few rumours floating around the forums hinting at 2010 snowmobile info. Although, it's still too early for any of the photo leaks and stories to dribble in from out near the OEM test areas. I'd speculate you'll see power Assisted steering coming soon from one Manufacturer, and possibly new supercharged 4 stroke model from another.

If you're really good at Googling you'll be surprised to see what people are digging up from Patent registration databases in terms of snowmobile designs, especially suspensions. Unfortunatley alot of this info has a limited life span in the public domain, since OEM's like to keep things under wraps until they can ramp up their promotionl blitz every February.

Personally I don't think there is nearly as much hoopla generated amongst the consumer base about the next big release from any one of the OEM's. I'd even go out on a limb to say that since Yamaha's break through in the 4 stroke Arena created a snowstorm of discussion about 4 stroke - vs- 2 stroke ... the dust has definitely settled in the past 2 years. This could be translated into a more satisfied consumer base from the loyalists...or maybe its a sign a withering of sales. I'd place my bets on the former. Even with new sled sales falling, there has been a huge increase in the used snowmobile market and in my opinion snowmobiling has never been so popular.

.But will that be Yamaha or another brand.

bolin22 said:
anyone catch the 2010 new product movie trailer put out by yamaha today? shows a phazerish type sled carving through the deep snow and ripping down the trail. a different front end, looks like almost an apex looking hood with a dual beam mnt. max headlight assembly. could we possibly be seeing a factory turbO>> :dunno: let the gossip begin......

I'll I've found so far is that Yamaha has stated that they are releasing info on a NEW rhino type SxS on the Febuary 12th 2010 snowmobile launch, to Feb 12th is the release date on the 2010 sleds.

Back