Heel Clicker

charles

Re:2002 Viper no mods.
Question (1) Ready to install heel clicker clutch kit. Should I go with there recomended set up for weight (shoulder 3.3, center 0.0, tip 4.3) they also recomend grey spring. Two came in kit second one red.
Question (2) There is a caution message about shoulder hitting the sheave in some occasions. Does any one no if I will have to grind clearance for this.
Most of the riding I do is 60% lake 40% trail.

Thanks
Charles

after installing the arms swing them to full open where they contact the sheeve, if they stick or bind (even alittle) just lightly hit that area with a dremell to give the shoulder enough relief to swing cleanly. some needed relief some didnt. you'll have to look at your individual clutches to find out. some one will chime in about the weighted set ups i am sure. have fun. ski

If the belt breaks the primary will slam shut, toast your weights & probably damage the entire primary clutch, secondary clutch & might take out your crank...even if you remove enuff material so the heel will clear. Been der dun dat!!! $$$$$$$$!

Turk said:
If the belt breaks the primary will slam shut, toast your weights & probably damage the entire primary clutch, secondary clutch & might take out your crank...even if you remove enuff material so the heel will clear. Been der dun dat!!! $$$$$$$$!

Yep, been der dun dat as well! What a costly mess. Not sure what went first, the belt or the weight, but not pretty nonetheless. I don't have faith in HC weights anymore.

Last edited:
So the conses is that Heel Clickers are bad news. There is alot of hype about these. I wanted to know if they were any good. I guess I have my answer.

I have read alot of bad things about heel clickers and some good. I have heard that they don't hold up very well but they do work well when dialed in correctly. I like Heavy Hitters personally. Run them in two different SRX's with zero problems and they work very well if set up right.

Are they the new style heal clickers or the old style.I have been running the old ones for three years in my srx they are great

There seems to be a world knowledge about heel clicker clutch kits most of which seems to be bad news and with all this knowledge I'II ask my original question. Should I go with the recomended set up or is there a better up set up for weights.

Thanks
Charles

Careful with those heel clickers, I've run them and only had 1 set blow up, but when they did it blew the primary, secondary, bent the bulk head, bent the jackshaft, bent the crank, put holes in the belly pan, and put holes in the left side running board heat exchanger. :o|

There's a "new kid on the block" in the world of weights. Supreme Tool has new adjustable weights that have more adjustability than any weight on the market. PM me if you're interested in buying a set. Right now they're $185 plus shipping, but the price will be going up soon due to rising steel costs.

What causes these problems ?

This is the first I've heard of these problems with H/C's. What causes them to fail like this ? I've got a set of 40-10's that I installed at the end of last season on my 01 SRX and now you got me thinking I should have used some other brand.
At the time, everyone and their brother recommended H/C's. now what?

Thanks

How much of an effect can rising steel costs have on the price of the material used on something so small?

I have heard very great things about the S.T. weights though and from the sounds of it, they are worth every penny you spend on them.

:rockon:

Gotta think of the raw steel that primary weights start out as. Unfortunately they can't order the steel in the shape of the weight and then do the finish machining. There's quite a bit of waste material when making weights, unfortunately. If anyone is interested in buying some Supreme Tool weights let me know and I can hook you up. I also have been working with them in a RX-1 and will be offering complete clutch kits soon. Will have them for the Vector and Viper as well. Also going to try to work with them in a SRX!

Srxspec said:
Careful with those heel clickers, I've run them and only had 1 set blow up, but when they did it blew the primary, secondary, bent the bulk head, bent the jackshaft, bent the crank, put holes in the belly pan, and put holes in the left side running board heat exchanger. :o|

There's a "new kid on the block" in the world of weights. Supreme Tool has new adjustable weights that have more adjustability than any weight on the market. PM me if you're interested in buying a set. Right now they're $185 plus shipping, but the price will be going up soon due to rising steel costs.

That must of sucked. I would just cry if that happend to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger Dog said:
I have read alot of bad things about heel clickers and some good. I have heard that they don't hold up very well but they do work well when dialed in correctly. I like Heavy Hitters personally. Run them in two different SRX's with zero problems and they work very well if set up right.

I made some calls. I understand the Heavy Hitters are a good kit. The performance shop I spoke to said they sell a bolt in kit for the Viper from Simmons CPR that are all ready go. All you need to is install the springs and the weights. I see Goodwin has nice kit as well. I see some kits have the helixs included and some don't. What would be the advantage to chaning the Helix ? Anyone have either of these kits in their Viper ?

I'm with you 700srx24, i just picked up set of HC'S for the viper. Its kind of strange that there is alot of great comments coming from the tech clutching pages but yet all this negative feedback on this post? I'm also runnin 14.5 mm rollers stock i think i want to go with 15 mm rollers?

Last edited:
Rollers

Aaron,
Yeah, I don't get it. I'm sure I saw the same articles in the tech page you saw that made you want to buy the HC's.

Anyways, I didn't change my rollers. I have the stock ones, which would be the 14.5 mm's ?
What is the advantage of using 15mm rollers ?

heelclicker #2

Wow there is sure alot of negitive feed back on these weights.Are we talking about the regular heel clickers or the new version (last years hammertime) which this year is made out of 100% billet steel?

I have the 40-10Y direct fit model weights, not the Hammertimes.

That is a good point, are we talking about the same model's here? Shoulda asked that at the beginning.

;):D

marcush said:
Wow there is sure alot of negitive feed back on these weights.Are we talking about the regular heel clickers or the new version (last years hammertime) which this year is made out of 100% billet steel?

I know little of the new hammertime weights. I just question the durability and manufacturing process of the HC weights. I do think they work good for racing application, but wouldn’t venture off on a week long trip with them. Here is a pic of my weight that broke on me while running the weights in my RX-1,

Last edited:

Back