Does Ohlin viper frontshocks fit on MM?

Robster

I got an opportunity to buy a set of Ohlin front shocks for a Viper. Do they fit on my -00 MM??? Since they are piggyback, I wonder if there is place enough? If not, can I mount them upside down?

Need a quick answer please!

//Robster :yam:

yamaholic22 said:
Yes they will fit without a problem

I have been told by the local Ohlin retailer that the gasreservoir will touch the steering and break if you land hard. Have you got any comments to that?
I have also been told that the increased lenght of the shock/spring will render that there will be a 30% preload when u mount it on an MM. Comments?

Maybe I should wait and buy new ones instead so that I am sure that I will have the right ones.?

//R :o|

rules is your sled a 38 in sled or a 40 or a 42. the narrower the arm the shorter the shock. the first time i made brackets for my srx to mount long travel shocks to they were 3/4 of an inch lower than they should have been and the tie rods would drag on the frame when the sled was unloaded. this was with a 42 in stance, a 38 stance would cause this to be an even bigger problem. on my viper with the sled unloaded the tie rod has little clearance. if i narrowed it up to a 38 this would bring the tierods lower and hit the bulkhead.

BTV.....Its a 38" front end. Everyone says it dont work...But it does. Its not the MPI trailing arms either, I had long travel with the stock front end also. I do know what your talking about though on the tie rods hitting the frame You coudl make a 1/2 spacer to go on top of the steering arm? ===SRXSRULE===

Nice MM

Hey Rules, nice Mountain Max. What kind of hood is that and how did you get that look on the tunnel?

Madmatt

Sno-stuf "liquid" hood (lexan), Put the finish on the tunnle myself, and the trailing arms are mountain Performance and there made of Cr-moly. Very durable, I wacked a few rocks last year, bent a trailing arm bolt twice but never bent the arms. Going to try and get it on a scale tomorrow. ===SRXSRULE===

Back