How far north in WI for jan 31 weekend?

wisconsin

I live near madison,wi and want to know how far north I have to go for good trail conditions. Trails are open in dane and jefferson county, but I'm tired of beating up on my sled riding on 3 inches of snow. Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of going to Tomahawk, but would appreciate any other good suggestions for nice trails/scenery with good snow cover for the upcoming weekend.

I was up in the Rib Lake area (just north of Meford) last weekend and the trails were good. Call Camp 28 @ (715) 427-2828. They have rooms, dinning room bar and all the info you need on local trails.
Mills

I have a cottage in Tomahawk.

The trails are great , as they have been since the last weekend in December. If you want trail conditions, go to
www.gototomahawk.com

or for an unbiased report
http://www.swamph2o.com/

If you go to Tomahawk, stop at Moran's Landing and say hi to Fuzzy. I stop there everytime I head up to my cottage for sledding because of his real trail reports.

Thanks for the tips folks. I was wondering where I should stay in tomahawk if I do go there. I have heard some places are better than others. I don't need anything fancy, but would prefer to stay at a decent place if they cost about the same. Should be going with g/f and parents, so that makes 4 of us.

City of Tomahawk:
Bait's Motel - Lake Mohawksin (715) 453-5397
Bridge Inn Motel - Wisconsin River (715) 453-5323
Four Seasons Motel (800) 373-1056
Moose Run Motel (715) 453-2196
Rodeway Inn and Suites (715) 453-8900
Super 8 Motel (715) 453-5210

super 8 looks like it's the best for a low rate. $169 for a one room with two dbl beds for friday and satuday night two night stay, total. Trail reports look good for having no new snow, anyways.

Yep, the super 8 is the newest of the hotels there. It is right on the trail. But I don't think a bar is right next door anymore. I could be wrong. I have never stayed at a hotel in Tomahawk because the cabins we have owned have been in the family since the 1940's

The bridge inn is right downtown on the river, and basically on the trail as well. I like the bridge Inn, that way you are right downtown and you can walk to County market fro groceries.

The 4 seasons is right on the trail too, but I have never been in it.

Back