vmax 500's

hoffam19

1. Is there any differences in the motors of the 97 vmax- 01 vmax?

2. If so what?

3. If not why are the factory clutch setups different?

4. On each thread I read or page I go to, there are all different user clutch setups for the vmax 500, but are all these setups going to work regardless of the year or are they year specific?

5. If they are year specific, what is the best clutch setup for a 97 vmax 500 XTC?

6. If anyone has used the maxxperf clutch kit for this model what do you think?

Sorry for all the questions but i was getting confused. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. :o|

this looks like a post for Vmaxjohn.............

or this is copied from the tech pages.

500 XT and 500XTC tuning

45/39 Helix, 8-ab weights and stock springs. 0.8g rivet in the tip and might have to change slightly to hold 77rpm.

47/41 helix, 8-ab weights with a 0.8 gram rivet in tip & pivot empty. Gear down 1 tooth & drop mains 1/2 a size.

Ive seen those setups on the tech page, but it doesnt have a sled year and I know that different years have different stock clutch setups and a different gear.

the 97 vmax 500 through the last build in 01, is the exact same motor. Most of the clutch changes that show in the spec are for specific application, such as trail verse mogul masher to mountian rider...... But for all around use these other clutch kits work great that are shown above and I do have one other written down at home and can post it if you like. But be careful on some of these after market kits because of how they have been tested on bar lakes with no snow,fall on their face on the trail. I hope this helps.

So, if i wanted to use vmaxjohns setup, would i have to update all the clutch parts in my clutch to match the parts he leaves stock in his setup?

500's

I have a 99 sx 500 and that set up woke up my sled. I also did the one layer head gasket. I have had the sled since it was brand new and have been running it for 3 years. Rarly get beat by any 500 and take some older 600's as well. :rocks:

Back