control rod spacer question

ridesrx

I changed the size of the upper control rod spacer to a much smaller one. It's on a 2000 SX600r. The stock one is a 10mm and I put in a 2mm one (I think it's the stock Viper one). My question is this. Is that too much of a change? I don't want to put undo stress on other components of the suspension while hammering through the bumps. But I would like to get a little more traction, without screwing up my cornering too much. I only weigh about 165lbs. with my gear on.

Right now you're saying "buy some adjustable rods you tight ***." I know I just thought I'd try this once. Any thoughts?

Couldn't be any worse than putting adjustable xfr rods on, ...you'll get slightly improved xfr as well.

That's exactly what I did to my old 98 SX700. I was even too cheap to purchase the new spacer and saved myself the labour of disassembly. Used my dremel with cut-off wheel and cut the stock shim in place down to 2.5mm
I would also suggest a trial and error lenghtening of the front limiter strap to help the initial transfer a little more without creating any understeer problems.

Back