Old man Winter sucks

SRXBob

VIP Member
Another year and another kick in the balls for us chasing this sport here in central MN.

I think I need to have my head examined for being a snowmobiler living where i live. I'd sell them if they were worth squat!

Rant over.

you are not the only one dissapointed.It is bad here to.The freezingrain destroyed everything.I still am having a hard time getting to my house via my 400 foot driveway.All over the place on the ice.Had to drive on the lawn to get to my stepson's car which was sideways and pull him out,then I couldn't get back onto driveway.My wife's van went sideways tonight backing out of garage going to work.Had to nail it thru the lawn at high speed and back to end of driveway.Almost didn't make it.Trails are shot,rivers had water..there is no cushion anywhere with the snow.Way to early for this crap.I guess sleds will stay in the shed now until next season.I am at 1/4 of the driving I did 3 years ago,at least I am saving about $600 on gas. :o|

we went from about 2.5 feet of snow and decent trails to 0 inches of snow in a week and a half... the only snow left is where there was huge drifts or where snow plows made piles, and even those are dissappearing.

i got some work to do on my sled anyways, so i wouldnt be riding anyways, got a rub thru to fix, speedo needle, reeds, and gotta do some work to the pipes.

as long as they have lots of snow in the U.P. like normal its all good, i dont ride much around here because trails dont usually get too good, but then again i'm spoiled with yooper trails. so i guess trails around here can be good if you dont actually know what good is.

Last edited:
So did all of up north Wi as well.

They need snow BADLY to be able to ride even as far north as Minocqua.

I actually cancelled my Cruiserfest trip this year. This is only the 2nd time since Cruiserfest is being held that I did not go.

If I can't ride from my cottage in Tomahawk to Minocqua (maybe 25 minutes ride) I have a hard time justifying driving up north to the cabin. I was really looking forward to riding the new Polaris Rush, and the 2010 vector, as well as getting some more seat time on an 09 XTX like I did last Cruiserfest.

We are leaving for the Domincan Republic for a warm get away, I hope some snow will return for one last run in March. If not I guess we are done also. I have all three sleds loaded up, and ready to run. We lost all snow in under 24 hours. The lake is now starting to open up. No Ice Fisherman on black ice.

SRXBob said:
Another year and another kick in the balls for us chasing this sport here in central MN.

I think I need to have my head examined for being a snowmobiler living where i live. I'd sell them if they were worth squat!

Rant over.

UP here, north of Duluth, the trails are still "rideable" though they are a bit icy. We got 4-5" of snow in the past few days to cover the bare spots back up.

I was on the Taconite Trail by north of Hibbing this weekend. The trails were not too bad. In fact they were alot better than I expected. One of the spurs we were on was pretty bumpy, but they told us at Bimbo's (a local bar & pizza joint on Side Lake) that the groomer broke down before they got to that trail.

sleddineinar said:
I was on the Taconite Trail by north of Hibbing this weekend. The trails were not too bad. In fact they were alot better than I expected. One of the spurs we were on was pretty bumpy, but they told us at Bimbo's (a local bar & pizza joint on Side Lake) that the groomer broke down before they got to that trail.

Yep, most of out groomers are having little luck smoothing out the studder bumps that froze in place. Bimbo's is an awesome trail side stop, its also my favorite 70 mile round trip run from my house.

Back