Mountain Riders?

Sitting here in front of the "puter", waiting for snow. Weather's supposed to turn "bad", which is a good thing next week! 8)

MNT Riders

Still here. Added M10 skid this year. Hope it works! Get back to you later on my buds viper if he can't catch me that is.

Hey MntViper, I have not ridden my Mt. Viper yet as I just got it. How is the Mountain Viper is deep powder...................I also ride a 00 SRX 700 with a 136" track and 2" lugs. What is your overall impression of the Viper? Thanks.............

VegasDude, Mine is actually a 02 Viper converted to a 136" 1.5". I picked the Mtnviper handle before Yammy started making the actual MtnViper, and I do 90% of my riding in the mountains.
The sled is a blast to ride in the mountains! It does well in the deep powder. I did make a couple of changes though. One of the first ones, was put some Simmons skis on it. The stock skis sucked big time in deep poweder, no floatation, and the tips would spray powder right up into my face. Mountain Viper skis I believe are different than the short track skis, so yours should be better.
I really like the smoothness and power of the engine. I did pipe mine (SLP) but I thought the power was pretty good stock. I wasn't planning on piping it, but I came accross a good deal on some used pipes.
You'll find it much easier to ride in powder than the SRX. A friend has a MtnSRX and they are quite a bit heavier in the front end than the Viper. The Viper is easier to boondock around in deep snow than the SRX.
Overall I think its the best sled I have owned! Only a couple of minor problems, (hood poping out and recoil rope). I did do the update on the shocks, but that is non-issue on the Mtn.Viper.

Thanks MTnViper, I appreciate it. I am looking forward to riding mine...............!!! I will post up as soon as I do................

Hey guys I went riding yesterday it was good for the small amount of snow we have this is my third time this year I got 98mph down the road how fast are your Mtn Vipers? This has to be the best running sled I have ever been on.

I got up to 70, but it was still on the trailer towing it to the mountain................... :D

just put my Bender pipes on my 03 Mtn Viper and the 159 is sitting in the shop for it just have to decide on a Hartman or Mtn performance extension. Oh did I mention there is 30" in the Beartooths already.

Tried out the Viper mountain today. Awesome machine. It just floats in the powder, never even thought about getting stuck. The longer track took some getting used to, I can't sling the rear end around like I could my SRX, but once I figured out to get the sled pointed in the right direction in the corner, then hit it, I was fine. Lots of low end torque too. It's gonna be a keeper..........!!!

Hey vegas if you are riding close to 8000ft I can get you pointed in the right direction with a setup I am very satisfied with mine although it took almost all of last season to get it right.

I am riding between 8000 and 10,000 feet. Any help appreciated. The sled ran great and it pulled like it should..................but suspension wise, I could use some help. I am 6'0" and 200 lbs if that helps.....................................

Mountain bashing

the old beast is sitting in the shed, every once in a while it calls me because it is lonely and needs attention, and of course I gotta braaaaap it up a little. We may be hitting Revy in December sometiume, snow permitting. Thats IF no one with a wad of cash shows up and takes me out of the loop, make sure you bring a trailer, buy my sled and I will throw in a VFR1000 for next to free !

mountain rider

I'm here in Colorado, got two rides in this year, Vail pass and Rabbit Ears, seized up a main brng last fri at the Ears, took 4 hrs to tow it out in over 2 ft of pow, tore it down hopefully will ride this week.

Back