Algoma Snow Train

viperpilot

My brother and I are booked on the snow train leaving the Sault on March 1st. We are thinking of going all the way to Hearst and riding back over 4-5 days, but really do not have concrete plans yet. Been looking at the Companion in Hearst and the Wawa Motor Inn. Wondering if any of you guys have made this trip and want to offer advice or share stories.

Thanks

Thanks CrewChief. I posted over there and hopefully I will be able to get some info before we leave - otherwise we'll just have to figure it out. ;)!

i responded to you over there already. are you locked and "have" to do the train? or are you open to suggestions? train adds quite a bit of cost to the trip in my opinion. ski

Too bad I never seen this earlier, might as well let you know anyways for next time...lol Wawa Motor Inn is awsome especially for a big group they have cabins(with kitchen) or normal rooms, cabins run about 180 a night for 5 guys, cheaper than 2 double rooms, Restaurant & Bar too.

Trails all around are AWESOME Jan through Feb, still lot's of snow in March but it's usually hard packed not good for sleds that like to overheat, invest in some scratchers..lol

Gotta Love Northern Ontario we will probably be able to ride and fish in April the way things are going.....wishfull thinking????

Hope you had a good trip!

Last edited:

Back