MM 700 engine problems

mtonn

I have a little problem with my MM. It is so hard to describe but i have heard it on two MM's now. When i have the throttle pinned or opened up and let it wind down and pin it again it will stop at about 3000 rpm and won't engage obvously and acts like it is misfiring or running on one cylinder, i either have to let it idle down to work again or hit the kill button and pull it back up quick agian. any info would be great.
thanks

Real easy fix......Its the TORS....throttle overide system that is working the way its designed to. Its a safety feature, and it means your throttle cable is not adjusted correctly. When your thumb lever is closed (not giving it any gas) there should be slack in the cable down at the carbs. You can adjust the throttle cable where it mounts to the carb bracket. Basicly, you want to adjust the cable so when the throttle is wide open....the lever is hitting the grip....the carb slides just reach wide open. Anything more is too tight. I bet if you check your sled, your lever dont even reach the grip and the carbs are wide open. ===SRXSRULE===

hey thanks guys, it sounds totally right. It usually happens when i rejet my sled for different elevations and i just don't pay attention to the slack in the cable. I would of never figured that out on my own. Thanks again.

Back