Munising Conditions?

dnale

VIP Member
We're heading to Munising next week, wednesday through Satruday morning. Does anyone have any info on how they did on snow since the melt? I figured they would loose alot along the roads. I know they have had snow but sounds like a lot of wind. Thanks in advance!

I Heard They Got 22" Of Fresh Snow In The Past 72 Hrs. In Marquette We Got About 12-15" Of Fresh Snow. Trails Are Nice And Off Trail Is Even Better.

We left while they were getting snow (6"), and the pics I have seen since show a considerable bit of fresh on top of what they already had when we left. The downside is that everyone and their brother is going there because many other places do not have good snow. They should be very good next week, especially midweek. NOAA observed 16" - 22" depending on where you go.

We were up there last weekend and it was awesome (if you went to the west)! Should be even better this weekend with all the new snow....Ding is correct, it was way busy......

Not to worry, she's all back together with some new parts on her. (New rings inside her too!) I'm the one I have to worry about making it through. Dang shoulder still hurts.

It is Good, Further west is better, soem pics from this weekend..

Attachments

• newb 1.JPG
    newb 1.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
  • newb 2.JPG
    newb 2.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 8
dnale said:
Not to worry, she's all back together with some new parts on her. (New rings inside her too!) I'm the one I have to worry about making it through. Dang shoulder still hurts.

Did it need new rings?

2stroken said:
Did it need new rings?
5000 miles .... think it's just good preventative maintenance. Some guys say run em till they are bad, I think why go that long when it's just rings now, and not pistons and cylinders...

Not a problem, how did they look? How did the engine look inside? That thing had amsoil in it from about the 500 mile mark on. How did the power valves look?

Really? so the Power valve was stuck?

That was one thing I didn't like about the older amsoil. It seemed like the power valves were very dirty.

I recently cleaned my PV for the first time with 6000 miles on the sled. One slipped right out, the other 2 I had to tug on a little but not to bad. They were deffinitley due for a cleaning but were all working fine and had no pull throughs.
Yamalube from day 1 !!(OK , Flame-A-Way) :die:

Back