Boost Bottle

It's kinda funny, but whenever I open the hood of a 500 with a triple owner watching, they almost always inquire about the factory boost bottle. I think if Yamaha thought the triples needed it, it would be in there.

I think it's fairly proven though, that with certain mods like pipes, etc, the boost bottle does help. I do forget now what the consensus was, since I have yet to own a triple...MrSled, ya there?hehe

I have run them on my SX-R 700, on a single pipe they really work great....it widens the power ban and slams more fuel in at midrange....no real gain on the top, you may 2hp on the dyno , but most of that is from straight boots that you add for the tube. You can reed more about it in the Tech Pages.

boost bottle with reeds

does anyone know if the bosst bottle would work well with v force reeds or just scrap the reeds and put the boost bottle?

boost bottle

got two rides in with Hartman's bottle/reed spacers, much better throttle response and mid power, engine revs to peak rpm instantly, the bog around 5000 rpm is gone, crisp, I'm very happy with it, one more piece to the puzzle. I use the carbon tech reeds, also had Hartman recut the head and slp triple pipes, big improvement over stock.

when I put my boost bottle on , Had to rejet, but they all are little different so I am not going to give a spec on this.....to risky

Back