brainerd/nissaw area

brad n

does any one know what the trails are like after tues.3/10 snow? Plan on going there this weekend if good reports. Thanks for any input!

Got about 5-6" of fresh today. The stuff in the woods was still ok, but frozen hard and no lube so with the fresh I would assume that it will be decent. Supposed to get warm again this weekend so...............

thanks,ryan is it still snowing there, or is it about done? I've got a place on north long lake, also one up by bacus, would like to get a few more miles yet this winter. I might have to try to get their friday and beat the melt down.

It's still flaking, but looks to be about done unless the system wraps back around.

I was all ready to run to WY this next week, but now me and the family are thinking of staying instate. Might go to Ely, or the North Shore, or both instead. Need to see what those areas get from this and then go from there. I like Mountains, but the 15 hours in the truck I can do without. We'll see.

brad n said:
thanks,ryan is it still snowing there, or is it about done? I've got a place on north long lake, also one up by bacus, would like to get a few more miles yet this winter. I might have to try to get their friday and beat the melt down.

Where do you have a place near Backus? I grew up on the west side of Pine Mountain Lake.

What kind of base did you guys have up there before the new snow yesterday? We have a cabin near McGregor that I haven't been to since early January. I was thinking about running up Friday morning to try to get in one last ride...is it doable?

Budaman said:
What kind of base did you guys have up there before the new snow yesterday? We have a cabin near McGregor that I haven't been to since early January. I was thinking about running up Friday morning to try to get in one last ride...is it doable?

Probably. I don't know what that area had, but here in the Brainerd area it will be decent for a few days. I assume that the local clubs will groom, but there is going to be some icy spots and such. Anything that got sun earlier is going to be thin as it will just be what we got out of this system. Protected areas and some ditches will be be good to go. Typical SPRING riding.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I think we'll give it a shot, I don't like the idea of putting the sled away without riding it at least once more.

jwifferdill- Our place in bacus is on rice portage/deep portage lake, about 4 miles east of Godfreys store. Think I'll be there this weekend. Do you still live in Bacus?

brad n said:
jwifferdill- Our place in bacus is on rice portage/deep portage lake, about 4 miles east of Godfreys store. Think I'll be there this weekend. Do you still live in Bacus?

I don't live there but my folks still have a place up there. I know Big/Rice Portage. Sounds like conditions should be good for at least this weekend.

I see that Orr recorded 11" on one of the weather sites. My folks said they got about 5" to 6" by Ely. I'm still waiting to hear what they got by Side Lake, where our cabin is. I was thinking about quick trip up there on Saturday.

Last edited:

Back