What belt

when I had my sx I ran a 8ch for sometime and then tried a ultimax and then the belt would get stuck in the sec or just squeel at idle...went to the 8dn and it worked great but I did have to adjust the clutch a tad to get the sled to stay on its peak rpm....

Yes, its the way to go...I cant remember what the sled was doing at that time...been awhile, but I run a 8dn in al my sleds now, 05 rx1, and my 01 sx-r.

Ok, aparently it is a bit cheaper anyways. Hope this cures my overreving problems. If not will have to learn how to dissasemble the primary to add some weight. No way to add some weight to the pins with the clutch in the sled is there?

I am used to the Ski-Doo TRA's with the adjustable increments of 600-1000 RPM's...

Have allraedy installed a helix off of an RX-1 as on the tech pages so that and the new belt should help. Also have the bender cannister and will be doing the reed soon as well...

it can be done on the sled, just pull the cover and hold pressure for the spring...pull the pins and weights, drill or pound out rivets and re-assemble....I changed my weights in my sx....you have a clutch kit?? Can get her done with oem parts..

What I have so far is a helix from and RX-1 (Or was it a Viper) that I was told to put in last year. The rest is stock. The sled has over 20000KM's so it is possible that the parts are worn out a bit.

What do you recomend with the 8DN belt for the rest of the setup.

14.5mm rollers 8ab w/2.4 in both holes, y-s-y primary spring w/1 engagement shim, 48/43 helix, green sec spring at 80.....I ran this in my 97 ..was a real screamer with the other mods.....heads, silencer and reed stoppers

Back