Slow rebuild V Max 700 triple

Snowbear

Well I bought this sled last year it was a 99 700 triple but the motor blew and the guy I bought it from put in a 600 twin. Pig on gas and oil so I decided to put things right. This is going to take a while so it may be several updates.
Parts aren't cheap and I am lol. Anyway so far
changed too plastic skis
redid all bearings from front to back
polished tunnel
lots of small mechanical repairs
and I started the paint scheme, as you see from start to finish. I plan on having an SRX engine in here and racing clutch, everything will be painted, polished and anodized. anybody wants too I'll trade services for discounted pricing on an M-10, clutch, engine etc....

Here is the updated finished product for the paint anyway. I dumped the flames on the windscreen because they look too busy. Now its on too the mechanical.

Attachments

• Old 1.jpg
    Old 1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 10
  • primed.jpg
    primed.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 9
  • Finished paint.jpg
    Finished paint.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_1009.jpg
    100_1009.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

I'm going to start the wet sanding this weekend after I clean up some of the flame edges. You can't tell in the pics above but this is actually pearl black paint with a hue of blue. it changes color nice in the sunlight so on a bright winter day it should look awesome. the red is a candy apple, I thought it needed some emphasis just to bring the zing. I plan on sanding this 5 times with a coat of clear between each sand.

Sledsquatch said:
Where in Ontario are you located? The black windshield really sets off the hood well.

Barrie land of the snow gods. I really hope this season starts as early as last. My wife told me today that I can get my 700 triple this summer too.
the sled is actually a pearl black. When you hit the right angle the color turns to a blue. looks really nice in the sun.

suspension added in

here is a pic of my SC3 suspension that I put in. next is the motor swap, I'll be picking up a 700 triple from an SXR donor sled soon. once that is done then I'll strip it down and get everything painted and anodized.

Attachments

• SC3.jpg
    SC3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well sadly I ran out of cash. I did get a new top end in and I had a professional recover the seat. My last $500 for this year is going into a new clutch. Hardest thing about this whole project was taking the Radius rods off. You would think yami's engineers could put those bolts in a more accessible spot. I kind of like the idea of raising them up about 3 inches, I wonder what kind of a front stance you would have then???? Maybe next summer.

Finally I finished the matching helmet paint. I'll ride it like this until next year when I put the redhead back in it. My first crack at this and I think I am fairly proud of my work and too think this was all done in my garage.
:winterrul

Attachments

• side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Side done.jpg
    Side done.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Back